+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Government moving the goalposts

I had hoped that Level 0 was the equivalent of how we behaved before covid and that we would be exactly like New Zealand. It isn't and it just seems that we need a different approach. Mass vaccination might reduce the illness to the level of a survivable influenza attack. the elderly and the infirm are always more vulnerable to these types of illnesses so perhaps old people just need to look after themselves, and young people stay at home if they have covid.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I had hoped that Level 0 was the equivalent of how we behaved before covid and that we would be exactly like New Zealand. It isn't and it just seems that we need a different approach. Mass vaccination might reduce the illness to the level of a survivable influenza attack. the elderly and the infirm are always more vulnerable to these types of illnesses so perhaps old people just need to look after themselves, and young people stay at home if they have covid.
    That's exactly my thoughts re Level 0. I suppose you could argue that 0 to 4 equals 1 to 5 but it will be the perception in the eyes of the public that in England (news of which will of course be seen in Scotland) reaching level 1 will still be in the restrictions and below 1 the removal of all said curbs. This will be looked upon as a level 0 of sorts and given that our release dates may well continue to be behind down south we could still be in our level 0 at the same time. Good luck trying to get the general public to understand and adhere to the still noticeable restrictions in 'our' level 0.

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    That's exactly my thoughts re Level 0. I suppose you could argue that 0 to 4 equals 1 to 5 but it will be the perception in the eyes of the public that in England (news of which will of course be seen in Scotland) reaching level 1 will still be in the restrictions and below 1 the removal of all said curbs. This will be looked upon as a level 0 of sorts and given that our release dates may well continue to be behind down south we could still be in our level 0 at the same time. Good luck trying to get the general public to understand and adhere to the still noticeable restrictions in 'our' level 0.
    Got to admit to being a bit shocked the restrictions in level zero but if england is open in june,we wont be far behind and the tier system will be binned.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    I hate to keep nipping at you but honestly nothing of that is remotely how the app works. Every hospitality venue was expected to keep a record of visitors, some used pen and paper, some had QR codes which should have been mandatory imo. This was completely separate to the apps, which can function anywhere in the world because they are just apps. The problem is, the Scottish app wouldn't talk to the English app because they were different technologies. I wouldn't try to find the result of Dundee's game on an app which only covered the bundesliga, would I.
    You have previously posted about £37 billion being wasted on the Test and Trace scheme. Surely the politicians from each country that makes up the United Kingdom should have put their differences apart and worked to have a Test and Trace scheme which was compatible in every country. Nippy is invited to attend the U.K. government Cobra meetings.
    I know about the hospitality industry having use pen and paper to take details of their customers but again sadly there is no laid down set of rules. I have had to give our details to several hospitality venues throughout Scotland.
    At the first one on Islay I had to write my name, address, phone number and email address on a sheet of paper which was attaché to a clip board which was hanging up beside the main counter in the cafe. There were other customers contacts details including phone numbers and email address also written on the same sheet of paper in full view of everyone. I expressed my concerns to the owner and told him that my contact details should placed in a secure container and not be displayed in public view. Someone could take a photograph of these contacts details using a iPhone The owner told me that he had no concerns about his customers personal contact details being on display for anyone to read. I phoned Police Scotland to advise them of my concerns. I will not set foot in that cafe on Islay ever again.
    We stopped at a well known cafe in Tyndrum where I wrote down my contact details on a piece of paper which I pushed through a slit into a secure box. This time I was only asked for my name, address and contact phone number.
    We had a evening meal in a well known restaurant in Broughty Ferry where we were only asked for our name and contact phone number.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    You've lost it completely
    On the contrary since last August every time my wife attends her podiatrist in Dundee she gets her temperature taken as soon as she enters the premises. Her temperature has always being OK. I assume that if her temperature was high she would be told to get a Covid-19 test. One of the symptoms of having the Covid-19 virus is having a fever which of course could be the flu.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Furlough is a specific term which usually relates to employees being put out into the long grass, imported from America. It does not cover businesses being given grants. Furlough for employees was between the employee, the employer and the UK government, namely HMRC who handled the payments. Grants for businesses in Scotland were handled by the Scottish govt, but not directly, the business had to apply to their local council who determined if they met the rules. As you say, the self-employed have enjoyed tax advantages in the past and now trying to prove their income is near on impossible. If you've only paid about £1k tax for the past 5 years, getting a grant for £10k seems a bit of a stretch.
    The correct term is the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/g...ployed-support

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    at the first one on islay i had to write my name, address, phone number and email address on a sheet of paper which was attaché to a clip board which was hanging up beside the main counter in the cafe. There were other customers contacts details including phone numbers and email address also written on the same sheet of paper in full view of everyone. I expressed my concerns to the owner and told him that my contact details should placed in a secure container and not be displayed in public view. Someone could take a photograph of these contacts details using a iphone the owner told me that he had no concerns about his customers personal contact details being on display for anyone to read. I phoned police scotland to advise them of my concerns. I will not set foot in that cafe on islay ever again.
    Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Ive yet to meet someone who adheres to all the rules so take level zero we a pinch oh salt.If thats the best thing to happen in the last few days we are totally ****ed!!
    As I said its scaremongering by both governments,other countries are moving on.
    The saddest thing for me is those who "think" they know better than others and revel when they "think" they get proved right.
    What about taiwan? another unbelievable country or just one who learnt lessons in dealing we these viruses?
    Yep those folk are pricks

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Got to admit to being a bit shocked the restrictions in level zero but if england is open in june,we wont be far behind and the tier system will be binned.
    No it will be stopped when furlough money stopped

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    No it will be stopped when furlough money stopped
    Only time will tell eh!

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)