+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neill Collins Statement

Neill Collins Statement

Name:  IMG_0059.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  19.9 KB

And nothing on the clubs website just about says it all.
    This lot on Grove Street just continue scoring own goals on a calamity scale.
    A complete irritating switch off that’s what they are.

A statement was made by the club when he left the club.
    How many statements do supporters want ?
    Always sad when someone gets the sack - especially after moving his family here from another country.
    But for the sake of the club he had to go.
    Question is - what happened at the club that resulted him being appointed in the first place.
    His appointment just doesn’t add up.
    Summerts happened and I’d like to know what.

Summat's not reyt darn theear.

No mention of the fans unfortunately. I know many disliked his style and he came in for some stick towards the end, but there were plenty who did appreciate his hard work and what he did for the club in terms of reaching the play offs with the poor defence and threadbare squad he was presented with back in August. Also he wasnt backed properly in the January window. When tha weighs it up, its quite an achievement in my book what he did and good luck to the fella. It was an absolute disgrace that he wasn't allowed to have the opportunity of those play off games. The board should hang their heads in shame

Pass - has it ever crossed thi mind that the fans added to the pressure of him leaving ???
    The fans have been booing and complaining about the performances since the beginning of the season.
    This season has been dreadful viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Pass - has it ever crossed thi mind that the fans added to the pressure of him leaving ???
    The fans have been booing and complaining about the performances since the beginning of the season.
    This season has been dreadful viewing.
    Nothing to stop them putting “his statement” on the club website.

Collins has made a dignified statement that shows a touch of class , its a great pity our club could not have done the same , I am sure potential replacements will have noted how we do things, another own goal by the suits

Classy statement and timing of it to wait until the dust has settled a bit.

Not surprising to me that there’s no mention of the supporters. Towards the back end of the season it went very vocal against him. I sit in the West Lower and in the game against Reading, some were embarrassing in there.

His dismissal was shocking at the time and still seems unfair on him. I just wish, particularly at home, he’d have changed it up a bit with the style of play and/or formation.

He gets my well wishes and I hope he does well at another club.

22 days since Collins sacking ("We will update supporters in the coming days") and still not a word from any of the owners, CEO, SD etc The James Cryne inability to speak has become infectious.

Mushroom fans being kept in dark and not even given bullsh1t to feed on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast