+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Benefit theft in Southampton

Benefit theft in Southampton

Last year, Southampton City Council prevented 1.6 million pounds being paid to benefit fraudsters. Vile, disgusting little benefit cheats. I wonder how much benefit fraud goes undetected, to pay for plasma TVs whilst the frail, disabled and elderly die of hypothermia? I wonder how many of these vermin support SFC , using the money to pay for tickets? Truly shocking.

re: Benefit theft in Southampton

You are right, cheating the benefit system is morally reprehensible and should be widely and publicly criticised.

I'm sure you agree that full credit must go to Southampton City Council for recognising the problem and taking decisive steps to address it.

I think you'll also find that the abusers will receive nothing but widespread condemnation from the posters on this board.

Have to agree with Papa.

Just wondering how much benefit theft goes undetected in other towns and cities, across the UK?

Or maybe PE has raised this topic because he thinks it only happens in Southampton?

Have to say that the couple that lives opposite me have never worked since they moved in about 5 years ago.
    Taxi's to Asda every Monday and coming back with bags and bags of groceries, a 10 plate Mondeo on the drive, 3 dogs and I think 2 holiday fortnights away every year.
    I've seen him and his 10 year old son leaving the house with Saints shirts on on more than one Saturday matchday.
    They both got a visit at the start of December and the rumour is that they are both in court at the end of this month.

I hope they are dealt with severely.

Fully agree with everyone else and finally a council working hard to prevent this.. Saw a report in one of the red tops of someone using an emergency/hardship loan to help pay for their Manure season ticket.
    My daughters boyfriend has just started his first job at 20 after being let down by the system from the age of 13.
    Biggest problem is many have used loop holes within the system to their own benefit, and will continue to do so until the loop holes are closed.
    After years of working in Portsmyth, it's clearly occurring there. I wonder if Fritz will find the ability to condemn those as well.

re: Benefit theft in Portsmouth

Glad to see that Portsmouth City Council is following their example. The good thing is, of course, that not many of them will support Portsmouth FC, as the club has so few fans in the city. Let's hope they are catching the benefit fraudsters in Petersfield: - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by CostaBaz
    Or maybe PE has raised this topic because he thinks it only happens in Southampton?

A more plausible explanation would be that Heinz has had direct experience of cheating the benefits system so feels qualified to discuss.

On the thorny subject of manipulation of the benefit system for selfish ends, does anyone know how the 'Workfare' scheme is progressing at Fortress Tesco ?

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLazarou
    On the thorny subject of manipulation of the benefit system for selfish ends, does anyone know how the 'Workfare' scheme is progressing at Fortress Tesco ?

I'm sure Heinz will know, one way or the other.

edit : Not that Heinz will need it, but for those of you not familiar with the Workfare scheme, and po**ey's abuse of it, the attached makes for an interesting read. - view external link

To be fair, many of their fans are not happy with the way the new owners are running their club: - view external link

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast