+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adam Davies ex-reds keeper

Adam Davies ex-reds keeper

DEM MIGHTY BLADES are supposed to be very close to signing
    Davies. I just wondered what you reds fans on Tykes mad thought of his time playing for Barnsley. UTB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Davies. I just wondered what you reds fans on Tykes mad thought of his time playing for Barnsley. UTB
    I do not think you can go wrong with signing Adam Davies , he basically learnt his trade with us & although his confidence took a knock when the team struggled he recovered well & went on to have many fine performances for our club , he is now at an age where goalkeepers peak & I think he would not let you down , the only question mark for your fan base is that we signed him from Wednesday & I wonder if that might affect his reception at your club ,but to sum up I would say " get him signed "

Unfortunately he's been second choice behind some good keepers at Stoke otherwise I think we'd have heard more of him. Made a few mistakes early days but what young keeper doesn't. I agree with what Shadrack says;he'd be a great signing for you.

Aaaarrrrrrr much !!!! Good Keeper , hope all goes well tomorrow mate , keep the faith ,

a flapper in my book excellent shot stopper but panicked on corners crosses and freekicks.

For me he is bang average

Distribution is terrible
    Positional sense is very poor
    His biggest failing for me is his command of his area -a lot of his saves were made due to this. The ball should never get into that phase of play in the first place

He was an excellent shotstopper but personally think he’s a league 1 regular and a back up at this level. From what I understand his strongest point is DJ’ing on the old wheels of steel.

Nothing against the bloke mind. What folk have to look at is whenever we got promoted from L1 he had the best centre backs in the division in front of him

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Aaaarrrrrrr much !!!! Good Keeper , hope all goes well tomorrow mate , keep the faith ,
    I've been put on Hold again Roma,which means i have to wait for a fone call from the hospital to see if they've any spare beds,if they find one then they'll send for me and then hopefully i'll get mi op done this time.It really is wazzing me off,all these delays.Thank you to all who took the time to reply to
    my enquiry re;Adam Davies. UTB

Spot on Reno.

Give him a miss Rod if you’ve got pretentions of premier league football

I thought he was garbage in our last relegation season from this division, and quite rightly he was dropped (eventually) and Jack Walton made his debut.
    Admittedly he made up for that a lot in us winning promotion again straight away, but remember that was down in Lg One.

I thought he was one of the best keepers we've had in recent times .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast