+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Tories

Evil ****.

Maggie the drug dealing saviour took over when inflation was 11% it rose to around 18% the next year, a country controlled by unions.

She turned it round......unemployment rose to over 3 million and stayed there for 4 or 5 years, unemployment was also very high before she came to power.

She gave people the opportunity whether they took that opportunity was up to them......ain't gonna make an omelette without breaking some eggs.

Glad she came to power, hung about a year too long.......maybe due someone like her again.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Evil ****.

Maggie the drug dealing saviour took over when inflation was 11% it rose to around 18% the next year, a country controlled by unions.

She turned it round......unemployment rose to over 3 million and stayed there for 4 or 5 years, unemployment was also very high before she came to power.

She gave people the opportunity whether they took that opportunity was up to them......ain't gonna make an omelette without breaking some eggs.

Glad she came to power, hung about a year too long.......maybe due someone like her again.
    What opportunity did she give to those who lost their jobs?
    As I said 1980-83 unemployment in Scotland was probably higher than ever so what opportunities?
    Closing down industries with no support for those affected.
    Where were the opportunities in Fife, motherwell, etc when the jobs were lost?
    As I said divisive.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    I'm not her biggest fan but that is faf.
    If that was the case she wud have a mare in next week's elections.
    That's no gonna happen so you must be on a wind up.
    She gets in because she’s turned Scotland into a hateful country playing to the neds and nedettes with her divisive rhetoric.

She’d turn Scotland into a backwater 3rd world economic basket case in the name of independence. She won’t have to suffer the consequences.

Once we stop paying for Crossrail, a new sewer system for London and they stop exporting whisky from English ports to boost their exports at the expense of ours we’ll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    She gets in because she’s turned Scotland into a hateful country playing to the neds and nedettes with her divisive rhetoric.

She’d turn Scotland into a backwater 3rd world economic basket case in the name of independence. She won’t have to suffer the consequences.

Once we stop paying for Crossrail, a new sewer system for London and they stop exporting whisky from English ports to boost their exports at the expense of ours we’ll be fine.
    We don't pay for crossrail as far as I'm aware?
    Can you explain as I remember looking this up last year after watching the documentary on TV about the construction and cost.

Her tenacity gave people freedom and ability to create wealth. She let the British people have a go again.

Right to buy scheme gave some of the most disenfranchised people a stake in society.

Slashed income tax from 98% and 65% to 40% and 25%.

She let people create buisnesses instead of being entrenched in class war.

Bettering yourself became a common occurence and the big bang made London great again before trump had even thought of the phrase.

She gave people freedom and responsibility unlike sturgeon who wants to smother her "children" with a pillow if they dare to think for themselves.

No Thatcher, no wealth, no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Her tenacity gave people freedom and ability to create wealth. She let the British people have a go again.

Right to buy scheme gave some of the most disenfranchised people a stake in society.

Slashed income tax from 98% and 65% to 40% and 25%.

She let people create buisnesses instead of being entrenched in class war.

Bettering yourself became a common occurence and the big bang made London great again before trump had even thought of the phrase.

She gave people freedom and responsibility unlike sturgeon who wants to smother her "children" with a pillow if they dare to think for themselves.

No Thatcher, no wealth, no choice.
    Your opinion only.
    If it effected your family you would think different.
    As I said divisive.
    Most of the money was down south or in finance.
    1980-1983 you would dae well to find opportunity in Scotland.
    Apprenteships swapped for yts.
    Hated and rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Your opinion only.
    If it effected your family you would think different.
    As I said divisive.
    Most of the money was down south or in finance.
    1980-1983 you would dae well to find opportunity in Scotland.
    Apprenteships swapped for yts.
    Hated and rightly so.
    Lost my job in 1980 as a direct result of Thatcher and her 'big bang', as some see it, policies. Just out of school, got a decent job then the witch kicked Scotland square in the nuts - wonderful woman (bitch). My brother had been working for the same company for five years, also out on his ear. She pulled a trigger and shot Scottish industry right through the brain, taking all and any worthwhile work down to Tory voting Englandshire; that was the only 'big bang' I perceived at the time.

It did force both of us to look elsewhere, and if I'm being honest we both did well enough, but we also had to spend years back studying when we could have been earning. We were lucky enough to be able to return to study, some people couldn't and ended up well and truly scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Lost my job in 1980 as a direct result of Thatcher and her 'big bang', as some see it, policies. Just out of school, got a decent job then the witch kicked Scotland square in the nuts - wonderful woman (bitch). My brother had been working for the same company for five years, also out on his ear. She pulled a trigger and shot Scottish industry right through the brain, taking all and any worthwhile work down to Tory voting Englandshire; that was the only 'big bang' I perceived at the time.

It did force both of us to look elsewhere, and if I'm being honest we both did well enough, but we also had to spend years back studying when we could have been earning. We were lucky enough to be able to return to study, some people couldn't and ended up well and truly scrapped.
    Interesting comments Deeranged. Do you think the job you lost is still viable today? Thatcher was in charge but it seemed to me that change was coming and it was not all inspired by and engineered by her and the Tory governments of that day.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Interesting comments Deeranged. Do you think the job you lost is still viable today? Thatcher was in charge but it seemed to me that change was coming and it was not all inspired by and engineered by her and the Tory governments of that day.
    No it was not all that tory government to blame but you notice these days with bifab Michelin etc there is support and help to try and assist those whose livelihoods are lost. She just shut the places and to hell with the fallout.
    Her popularity in Scotland is easily measured on the seats they lost up here during her tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    The job would still be around, in fact it is because the product still exists in the same material. However like with most manufacturing technology would have improved materials, production methods and machinery etc so possibly not in the same numbers. If 25% of those jobs lost at the time through swinging cuts were still around in Scotland it would be significantly better than we have now which is, in many cases, none.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)