+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebuild...

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    What the owners should be doing is backing a good manager that shows success
    Backing proven incompetence as shown with Ardley , and backing a new unproven manager with a long contract, may well show long term stability in the National league

Currently i am nether for or against Burchnall, he has not been at the club long enough to form an opinion, and has all the dross Ardley left behind
    If we do not go up this season , it certainly will not be the Managers fault
    It will be next season where he is judged, and rightly so. But this leads to an interesting question, is the team good enough under the right manager to obtain promotion, in other words could the best managers get this team promoted as it stands , or do we actually need to strengthen the team. I think its fair to say the defence has been good this season, so areas of improvement obviously mid field , and up front of course
    Let me get this right. You claim that Ardley has left dross behind, but then ask if we actually need to strengthen the team.

I assume you are saying that if we don't go up this season, it will be Ardley's fault. If we do go up then, it is only right to give him some of the credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Maybe the owners view the appointment in a much more positive light than you and many other fans? If IB does well in the next 2 seasons, he's tied to Notts and this will prevent us losing him unless we are happy with the terms of the departure.

IB was quite open that League 1 clubs were after him, what's to stop them coming knocking again if he starts to do well at Notts?
    Barnsley looked about IB, don't know when. We all know contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on

It's apparent from this thread that not quite everyone knows how contracts work. Four years?!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Of course it is. But "gentle ribbing" can also be interpreted as inciting petty arguments.

Still, I'm sure everyone knows you would never do that in a million years.
    Only to folks who are paper thin skinned and who actively seek petty arguments. I'm sure you can think of a few who fit the bill

A 4 year contract whatever way you look at it for a manager with no experience of the English leagues is a long contract. If it wasn't worth the paper it was written on then it wouldn't be for 4 years would it. Of course there will be some termination clauses in it I am sure as well as some extension clauses and so on and so forth but it does mean that he is gonna be here for a wee while come rain or shine.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Having seen a fair range of the alternative "models", which basically involve over-spending, under-delivering and arriving on the verge of bankruptcy, I'm more than willing to give this new, fangled approach every chance. If it doesn't work, we can always go back to the long queue of billionaires with genuine intentions who are baying to own a club like ours.
    Really like. People moaning about our current owners are pathetic. Do you want Hardy back? His knob? Or Aileen? Or Ray calling us morons? Or we could have owners who don't actually even exist? Or Scardino? Or we could be really pleased we've got level headed, youngish ownership who want to build for the long term future of our club which will benefit us all. They've repaired bridges burnt by prats and for once we don't have to worry about paying the milk bill. They will have wanted Ardley out sooner but at the same time were decent enough people to let him give it a go this season which he earned after last year.

Moan, moan, moan, moan. We've changed things but they will take time to take affect obviously.

Couldn't agree more with jackal and CF's excellent posts. It's a new approach, a big change to former unsuccessful 'models' adopted. CF is right it is a long term plan , a big change and therefore needs time.

If their only weakness as comically identified earlier on this thread is indeed that the new owners give their managers considerable time to get things right, to implement their plan and strategy then we should be collectively delighted.

Just because NCM has lot a big obvious target in NA, doesn't mean we have to instantly replace him with another be it the new manager or owner.

If you really want to get angry right now and for the rest of the season, I'd suggest the players are the only valid option. Grrrrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Really like. People moaning about our current owners are pathetic. Do you want Hardy back? His knob? Or Aileen? Or Ray calling us morons? Or we could have owners who don't actually even exist? Or Scardino? Or we could be really pleased we've got level headed, youngish ownership who want to build for the long term future of our club which will benefit us all. They've repaired bridges burnt by prats and for once we don't have to worry about paying the milk bill. They will have wanted Ardley out sooner but at the same time were decent enough people to let him give it a go this season which he earned after last year.

Moan, moan, moan, moan. We've changed things but they will take time to take affect obviously.
    Of course we could even have him on the NCM message board threatening a poster like me with legal action after I called him a fraud. Of course if he wants to pursue that I am very very happy to let all Notts County fans know the real reason why we were sponsored by Ladbrokes!

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Of course we could even have him on the NCM message board threatening a poster like me with legal action after I called him a fraud. Of course if he wants to pursue that I am very very happy to let all Notts County fans know the real reason why we were sponsored by Ladbrokes!
    I'm more than interested to know...

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I'm more than interested to know...
    I wont be saying anymore. Unless he sues me!

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast