+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ivan Toney

Ivan Toney

Has scored his 100th goal tonight,
    I think he could step up to the Premier League. Also Adam Armstrong scoring for fun 2 more tonight.

Yes, it could well be that letting Toney go was a big mistake that could come back to haunt us....we'll see.

Armstrong, on the other hand, won't, I don't think, make it in the PL. He has good spells for Blackburn but, like Gayle, he's better suited to the chimpo, imo.

Fatman did well enough out of Toney. Got about 3m in his sell on to Brentford on top of the 300k he got from Posh.

That said, he couldnt be worse than what we have now.

He never looked like a world beater back then but we only saw him fleetingly in the odd game here and there. There must’ve been enough expertise in the coaching staff who were working with him at the time to decide he needed to be moved on and bearing in mind it was during Rafa’s watching when he left and not the bumbling buffoon we’re lumbered with now. Just checked on Transfermarkt and his current market value is 4.05M but 8 goals in 10 games for Brentford according to wiki suggest the scouts may be attending.
    Last edited by bix01; 28-10-2020 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Edited for stats correction.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    He never looked like a world beater back then but we only saw him fleetingly in the odd game here and there. There must’ve been enough expertise in the coaching staff who were working with him at the time to decide he needed to be moved on and bearing in mind it was during Rafa’s watching when he left and not the bumbling buffoon we’re lumbered with now. Just checked on Transfermarkt and his current market value is 4.05M but 8 goals in 10 games for Brentford according to wiki suggest the scouts may be attending.
    Huge blunder getting rid of him and Mbabu and Mbemba but thats Newcastle united all over sadly

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Huge blunder getting rid of him and Mbabu and Mbemba but thats Newcastle united all over sadly
    At a well run club yes, but Mike Ashley FC no. Sold at the right time for next to fùck all so he lost out on millions. Great news if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    In the defence of the club on this one. Both Toney and Mbabu wanted to leave for first team football.

Mbabu was ready for more first team football but I can understand why he wasn't what Rafa wanted at the time.

Toney, no way was he ready for first team prem football at the time.

He could be another "one that got away" but I can understand the reasoning.

Armstrong, I like him but I really don't see him making it in the prem. As Zip said, very like Gayle, be great in the chimpo but won't make step up.

I have to say, never understood getting shot of Mbemba.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I have to say, never understood getting shot of Mbemba.
    That was a Rafa thing I believe?

Mbemba was asked to learn English and didn't bother, to the speed that Rafa wanted.

I agree though, he's one that we shouldn't of got rid of to my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    That was a Rafa thing I believe?

Mbemba was asked to learn English and didn't bother, to the speed that Rafa wanted.

I agree though, he's one that we shouldn't of got rid of to my mind.
    He had another quality game last night in the Champions league

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)