+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UK v Germany - The Difference

UK v Germany - The Difference

Anti Corona Virus Protesters in Germany get absolutely blasted with water canons and tear gas. Yesterday in the good old UK those anti virus protesters in places like London, Liverpool and Bournemouth disregard all the virus restrictions and many throw bottles at the police. Incredible!

These selfish w ankers who are at the protests in the UK should get what Germany did to those people and any knobs throwing bottles at the police or key workers should get six months minimum.

I presume all these anti virus protesters don't have kids - grandparents - and don't give a f uck for anyone but themselves otherwise they would not be moronic and selfish!

PS - then there's Rishi saying he hopes families can mix for Christmas! Why should anyone give to s hits about this if others are allowed to act in this way!

I very much agree mate.

I really don’t get this panic to “mix” at Xmas........the utter desperation for families to be able to get together.

The worst arguments and the most awkward situations in our family over the last 20 years have been at Xmas time with people being unnaturally “forced” together in a social setting.

My mother in law ( God rest her soul ) and my wife have been the two worsts purveyors of this crime.

Mother in law used to make it very clear that EVERYONE had to get together even though my wife’s father didn’t like me and I had no time for him and I really couldn’t stand my sister in law or any of the different blokes she was with across many Xmas’s.

In his mid 70’s the father in law swung a punch at me because I’d had enough of putting up with sister in law at her house on Boxing Day and I’d politely made an excuse and tried to leave.

My daughter’s mother in law and my sister in law worked together and hate each other yet get forced into each other’s company and that broke out into a major cat fight and loads of tears five years ago.

My brother and I don’t get on and had a massive ruck at my house a few years ago at Xmas due to him trying to be a smart a r s e and points score off me and my kids then stepped in and got involved.

Me and him haven’t spoken in three years now.

All this false bonhomie does my head in.

All Xmas is is an excuse for people to get p I s s e d.

I’m glad I won’t have to see many people this year and that me and the missus can go away ( hopefully) to Tenby on Boxing Day for ten day.

If they can treat football supporters like cattle and use the battens, why can't they do the same with these idiots.
    Demo's should be made illegal during the pandemic. There are enough social platforms to make your point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    If they can treat football supporters like cattle and use the battens, why can't they do the same with these idiots.
    Demo's should be made illegal during the pandemic. There are enough social platforms to make your point of view.

A perfect point Soulman and yes battens would be a great idea! Then you get some snowflakes saying Priti Patel is a bully - unbelievable!!! She’s got brains and stands no crap - good qualities

Mick I agree and I cannot see any reason why it should go ahead this year, it's far more trouble than it's worth. Watch people protest that it's a Christian tradition when they are not remotely religious, just use it as a reason to get smashed and are unaware that Christmas has its roots in paganism. There's no reason why a festive holiday cannot be put back to a time when things are "normal".

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Mick I agree and I cannot see any reason why it should go ahead this year, it's far more trouble than it's worth. Watch people protest that it's a Christian tradition when they are not remotely religious, just use it as a reason to get smashed and are unaware that Christmas has its roots in paganism. There's no reason why a festive holiday cannot be put back to a time when things are "normal".
    Agree 100% WCV. It’s symptomatic of the self entitled generation. Covid or no Covid they are doing what they like and nothing will stop them breaking the law as no one tells them what to do.

Given this virus is definitely killing some poor souls out there I’d have thought Xmas could be treated differently this year as the virus won’t be stopping just because it’s holiday season. Why people want to risk elderly relatives by having family knees ups is beyond me. Is it to much to ask that until a vaccine is widely used we apply common sense and have a quieter Xmas?

Get ready for scenes of mass booze ups and get togethers over the next few weeks which makes you wonder why we are bothering at all to lock this virus down until safer times

If I had to spend time in a room with my brother and sisters I'd either spontaneously combust or be the only one to leave the room alive. That's at any time of the year.

I've only just started enjoying Christmas again in fairly recent times following the death of my mom at Christmas nine years ago.

Covid or no Covid I can't think of a single valid reason for seeing my family at Christmas, much less be in a room with them.....

........ and don't get me started on the German bloody Market which homes in on Birmingham city centre every year. Although thankfully not this one; there's a silver lining in every cloud.

I can quite accept Xmas being celebrated but let's do it sensibly. Not opening pubs would be a good start and obviously no large get togethers. Just use some common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    If I had to spend time in a room with my brother and sisters I'd either spontaneously combust or be the only one to leave the room alive. That's at any time of the year.

I've only just started enjoying Christmas again in fairly recent times following the death of my mom at Christmas nine years ago.

Covid or no Covid I can't think of a single valid reason for seeing my family at Christmas, much less be in a room with them.....
    We were separated at birth 68😆😆👍🏻

Maybe that’s the problem, we should’ve been spending Xmas together given our feelings about it!

Part of the problem is the seeing of people’s true colours as you get older and more experienced in life.

When I was a younger bloke and all of the family elders were still alive they were very good at hiding the skeletons but as I got older and “advanced” up that family tree my late dad filled me in on a lot of the hidden stuff.

I pretty much know where all the bodies are buried and so the sanctimonious horse s h I t I hear from a lot of them does my head in.

There will be a list of people given to my kids that will have the names of all the people I want banning from my funeral......my brother will be top of that list.

I am a very open person in terms of my life and travails, like I find you to be actually.

I don’t gush about my kids for example, everyone knows about my son’s issues but other people ( family and otherwise ) astound me when they glow about their kids when I know the truth.........many are worse than my idiot offspring!

See you Xmas Day 🥳🥳

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)