+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Foreign managers

Foreign managers

I have not seen Barnsley play this season, not even any highlights or videos. Football without a crowd and on film seems a bit sterile so I don't bother. I do listen to Radio Sheffield and read the comments on here to keep me in touch until things get back to normal. I gather the lads are playing some good stuff and I am very interested in the comments on our new manager. Before his appointment many contributors argued we should appoint an English manager with experience of the Championship but forecast we would appoint a cheap foreign manager. I know its early days yet but I gather the manager is doing very well. Judging by the ratio of foreign managers in the Premiership it appears there is a limited supply of good English managers in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KINDERSCOUT View Post
    I have not seen Barnsley play this season, not even any highlights or videos. Football without a crowd and on film seems a bit sterile so I don't bother. I do listen to Radio Sheffield and read the comments on here to keep me in touch until things get back to normal. I gather the lads are playing some good stuff and I am very interested in the comments on our new manager. Before his appointment many contributors argued we should appoint an English manager with experience of the Championship but forecast we would appoint a cheap foreign manager. I know its early days yet but I gather the manager is doing very well. Judging by the ratio of foreign managers in the Premiership it appears there is a limited supply of good English managers in the game.
    It's a global game now hence why you have so many foreign coaches managing foreign players at clubs owned by foreigners .

It's the way the games evolved in my opinion rather than a lack of english coaches .