+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: A Proper Anniversary

In the TC Keay. Ralphie’s goal , and Bannon’s, Fek me some celebrations, sure I still hae the injuries.

That day, that season and many other special moments following United will live with me till the day I pass.

DUFC

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    And Wee Jum had them playing in a testimonial at Forfar the very next afternoon! Crazy stuff!
    We went up to Forfar, I’m pretty sure most of us were hungover! 😱

Quote Originally Posted by USArab View Post
    We went up to Forfar, I’m pretty sure most of us were hungover! 😱
    So was the team!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That game at Forfar sounds really interesting. What was the United first 11, and what was final score?

It shows up on the TV coverage when future Arab Legend Iain Ferguson scores for the Funny Lot and less than half of the Provie Road end ‘celebrates’ in the background. FACT.
    Didn't think you got shed specs in 1983

One thing I was blissfully unaware of was the Celtic score at the time. I don’t have any recollection of being aware at all of their score v Oldco and it was only much later on that I realised that they had been two down came back and then won 4-2. As a result had the Funsters equalised, we would have been level with Celtic on points, goal difference, goals scored and head to head and it would have gone to an unprecedented title play off match to decide the Champions. However, the Funny Lot failed to score and we won the League. At Dens.
    No sure where you're getting that from Celtic beat st Mirren 5-0 at love street that day Rangers beat Motherwell 2-0 at Ibrox

They used to open the doors and let you in at the end of games -my gran lived in sandeman street i didn't get to go the game (thanks Dad) but i coerced my grandad (Bluenose) to take me in for the last few minutes he did - so i was there sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    No sure where you're getting that from Celtic beat st Mirren 5-0 at love street that day Rangers beat Motherwell 2-0 at Ibrox
    You are wrong yet again Peter,the day we won the league at Dens it was Rangers v Celtic at Ibrox.The H/T score was 2-0 to Rangers but Celtic came back to win 2-4.FACT.

I can only think you are looking back to another last game of the season game scenario where DFC won phuck all as usual but did stop Hearts winning the league.FACT.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 15-05-2020 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Forgot twa FACTS

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    You are wrong yet again Peter,the day we won the league at Dens it was Rangers v Celtic at Ibrox.The H/T score was 2-0 to Rangers but Celtic came back to win 2-4.FACT.

I can only think you are looking back to another last game of the season game scenario where DFC won phuck all as usual but did stop Hearts winning the league.FACT.
    Yeah you're right ...made a bit of an ars e of that...I got mixed up with the season Hearts lost the league at Dens

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    peter if you are going to post on here check your facts. Please. I’m trying to help you here.

Edit to add the Boat of Gun beat me too it. Also peter seems awfy flustered coming on here in the wee sma’ hours on a thread about United winning the League. At Dens.

#tormented.com
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 16-05-2020 at 12:36 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)