+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mic’d up training

Mic’d up training

Just been released tonight.
    Got to say, liking the look of Williams. He’s got the voice, the poise and the bit of aggression that IB lacked imo.
    All looked good and loved the way he talked so passionately about destroying teams.
    Plus good to see Cal featuring so heavily. Let’s hope he’s still here in a months time!
    Twitter link…

https://twitter.com/official_ncfc/st...0yGb7a-w8_wpWQ

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Just been released tonight.
    Got to say, liking the look of Williams. He’s got the voice, the poise and the bit of aggression that IB lacked imo.
    All looked good and loved the way he talked so passionately about destroying teams.
    Plus good to see Cal featuring so heavily. Let’s hope he’s still here in a months time!
    Twitter link…

https://twitter.com/official_ncfc/st...0yGb7a-w8_wpWQ
    LW's little side-eye at Cal at 48 seconds suggests he knows Cal wants out ;-)

Looked and sounded good

We will have to see, Bushwacka, I didn't really see that myself, and wondered why they would edit as much of the video around Cal, if he was on his bike. Does anybody know why only two or three of them, Cal included, were not wearing the man bra's.
    I am not sure it makes a difference, but did like LW's more forceful way of getting things over rather than IB's calmer style. It also looks like we will play with more intensity, which I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    We will have to see, Bushwacka, I didn't really see that myself, and wondered why they would edit as much of the video around Cal, if he was on his bike. Does anybody know why only two or three of them, Cal included, were not wearing the man bra's.
    I am not sure it makes a difference, but did like LW's more forceful way of getting things over rather than IB's calmer style. It also looks like we will play with more intensity, which I like.
    The "man bra" is a heart rate monitor and GPS data tracker.

Good to see the assistant getting involved. I like the sound of LW, sounds like a proper boss rather than a mate.

On the other hand IB is a little tame on his first training with FGR. Plenty of talk about players he was up against in Scandinavia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvgu...estGreenRovers

Personally I think this is the guy we've been waiting for. I know it's only training but he isn't going to stand for being soft and I think even though it'll be similar to the same style of IB, I feel we're going to be much quicker in the pass and getting up the pitch. Also if it works out then off the ball we're going to be much sharper and not let teams go through us. I feel really optimistic about this season and think we're going to do it.

Only videos but it's chalk and cheese between LW and IB. IB so monotone and flat where as LW is enthusiastic and knows what he wants and seems to be setting high standards early on.

As others have said, I like what I see. There seems to more focus on pressing with intensity than under IB. I loved him talking about 'destroying' the opposition and how it would be like playing against 20 outfield players.

In contrast, I just watched the IB video posted above. He's much less intense in his manner, plus more than half the session seems to be him explaining the drill to players, who are standing around looking a bit confused.

Obviously I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I liked that.
    I can see the main change in style will be defending from the front.
    I’d we do that, successfully, it puts less pressure on us having an ‘enforcer’ in the middle.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast