+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: FK Viking v The Mighty ABERDEEN

Well chuffed with that, solid performance great result, was surprised to see Hoban starting on what could have been a dodgy surface, but again he showed his true class what a player he can be for us.
    Do i get a Brucey Bonus for correct score prediction first time in a long time.

Great stuff lads, keep it going

COYR

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    We were more than comfortable tonight. Classic McInnes counter attacking stuff. McCrorie, Hoban and Hayes make the difference for us imo.
    You could probably say Watkins has made a difference as well even though it looks like he won’t score a lot of goals,his link up play is bringing other players into the game.

This must be the first season that all of the summer signings have improved the team under McInnes.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    You could probably say Watkins has made a difference as well even though it looks like he won’t score a lot of goals,his link up play is bringing other players into the game.

This must be the first season that all of the summer signings have improved the team under McInnes.
    Watkins has been really impressive. His work rate and hold up play is exactly what McInnes has been looking for since his second season here. He has everything he wanted from Rooney except the goals.

Hopefully he will sell Cosgrove but we still need a striker scoring goals long term.

Impressed with Watkins - tireless running and link-up play, allowing us to play on the deck with pace rather than the hoof it to the big man predictable drudgery. He’s snatching at chances and not instinctively making striker runs after linking up, but hopeful with increased sharpness and prolonged run as striker will see him come good. He’s certainly playing a big part in the blossoming Hedges/Wright flair link up and is such a joy to see us play football on the deck with pace again. Creative sparks are fairly adding to our continued steely resolve.

All of the side look in form and confidence is building. Hoban really is a gem of a player and really do hope he can stay injury free - the partnership is seeing a welcome return to form for McKenna. Wasn’t sure Jonny would still have the legs but he’s been cracking. Few heart in mouth moments with Ross at right-back last night, far prefer him recreating the Nealie and Neil thing further forward with Fergie. Flip side is getting McGeouch into the side seeing as Hernandez not looking like taking his chance.

Lost count of how many chances we created last night, makes the watch a hell of a lot more enjoyable than holding out for the penalty being our most likely chance of a goal. Hats off to all of them - they’re doing a fine job in raising spirits in the bleakest of times. Thanks lads.

**this**

It's wonderful to be filled with genuine optimism again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Watkins has been really impressive. His work rate and hold up play is exactly what McInnes has been looking for since his second season here. He has everything he wanted from Rooney except the goals.

Hopefully he will sell Cosgrove but we still need a striker scoring goals long term.
    Nothing against the lad but I hope we sell Cosgrove as well.

If we don’t I think he will be put straight back into the team once he is fit and we will revert back to the hoof ball of the last 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    That was a classic European away performance from any team. I give McInnes stick, but today that was almost the perfect performance any coach in the world would be happy with.
    Ach, I’m maybe in Meldrew Mode but I honestly felt we looked so utterly predictable and the lack of attempts on goal and the nature of the ones we scored show just how inept we are up there. Clearly we are not short of talent in the middle of the park, but we’re so overloaded there and under strength in other areas that we see McRorie playing right wing back. What the **** was that all about? We were getting tanned on that wing for periods.

Granted, we’re short up front and Watkins did a power of running, but we need to be massively sharper and tactically clearer for Sporting. Viking was a good test but it exposed the fact that if we face any real quality they are going to make a lot of chances against us and I’m betting they won’t be as profligate in front of the onion bag,

Also, I would love to have been a fly on the wall when McInnes found the false wall in the managers office, pushed it and a dusty old tombola with the name J. Calderwood etched on it fell out of the secret cupboard.

It’s powers were obviously too strong for him to resist. He’s been spinning that ****er hard for a whiley now.

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansRed View Post
    Ach, I’m maybe in Meldrew Mode but I honestly felt we looked so utterly predictable and the lack of attempts on goal and the nature of the ones we scored show just how inept we are up there. Clearly we are not short of talent in the middle of the park, but we’re so overloaded there and under strength in other areas that we see McRorie playing right wing back. What the **** was that all about? We were getting tanned on that wing for periods.

Granted, we’re short up front and Watkins did a power of running, but we need to be massively sharper and tactically clearer for Sporting. Viking was a good test but it exposed the fact that if we face any real quality they are going to make a lot of chances against us and I’m betting they won’t be as profligate in front of the onion bag,

Also, I would love to have been a fly on the wall when McInnes found the false wall in the managers office, pushed it and a dusty old tombola with the name J. Calderwood etched on it fell out of the secret cupboard.

It’s powers were obviously too strong for him to resist. He’s been spinning that ****er hard for a whiley now.
    F@ck me you're a hard man to please and a barrel off laughs at same time,i've been critical of DM in the past but credit where its due last six games? What more do you want?
    Compared to the sh!t served up last season then its been a welcome return to 'decent' football

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    F@ck me you're a hard man to please and a barrel off laughs at same time,i've been critical of DM in the past but credit where its due last six games? What more do you want?
    Compared to the sh!t served up last season then its been a welcome return to 'decent' football
    He's right though. I am more positive but I said before we need to be sharper. Prime example was Wright once again fluffing a 1 on 1. We could get there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    **this**

It's wonderful to be filled with genuine optimism again.
    Well, whilst never particularly optimistic in any regard, being neither Happy Clapper nor Pant Pisher, the recent run of form and victories seems to have muted the Pap Tendency somewhat, which is a Slightly Good Thing.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast