+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Derby County in Talks Over " Agreed " EFL Sanctions.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    When I think back to how bad it was, it brings me out in a cold sweat. Just imagine, the year is 2008:

Rotherham United are starting the season in League 2 (always be Div 4 to me but heyho). One drop and it's goodbye Football League. They are to play their home games at an athletics stadium in a different city. A city which to most Millers is the antipathy of our football existence. A League ruling states that if the club doesn't return to Rotherham within 4 years, then it's goodbye Football League. So far, so bad. But the best but comes last: we must start the season on MINUS 17 POINTS!

Every single time I walk into the New York Stadium I thank my lucky stars and realise just how good we now have it. 👍😃
    Yes and we had no right of appeal.we got minus 17 points along with Bournemouth but Luton got minus 30 which basically relegated them all bar shouting….funny that though when Birmingham got deducted a smaller number of points recently they cited a sporting chance or something/words to that effect…

As I have said previously though it might not seem fair at the time but slowly and surely these clubs are beginning to feel the pinch of all this over time as unfair as it might seem..

Derby now bottom of championship on -2 points

Still doesn’t seem right to me

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Derby now bottom of championship on -2 points

Still doesn’t seem right to me
    I think Reading will survive (when they get their points deduction) but Derby are a gonner - especially given a probable further 6 points taken off.

Derby County had a man on the EFL board, in their CEO, so knew that everything that would help bend the rules would be used, EFL board is like the Freemasons, a sect to help each other. Derby's CEO no longer on the EFL board, but will pull all favours in, more bent, than a U bend.

As well as covid they are now blaming Aston Villa because they beat them in the playoff final.
    What they seem to conveniently forget is that they vastly overspent in order to get into the playoffs in the first place. They effectively cheated and gained an unfair advantage on other clubs in that division including us.

If I were the EFL i'd notify Derby and Wycombe that they had automatic relegation and promotion at the end of the season regardless of the position they finished in the league.

Wycombe also to be compensated for their loss this season as well by Derby which would be a liability for any new owner. That means there would be 4 x relegations and promotions just for this season

I've just been reading a Twitter thread that has surprised me.

Derby County going into administration has on one side of the argument people saying how unfair the EFL are for financially punishing them because they already have difficulties and doubling that with points deduction. In addition to that they don't want to see a Derby going bust.
    On the other side of the argument there are those fans that are saying that they knew the rules and should be punished.

The ones saying that it's unfair are mainly supporters of clubs high up in the premiership.

The less sympathetic fans are the ones in the lower leagues who's club have been punished or have been affected by Derby's cheating.

Premiership clubs supporters seem detached from how clubs run and the finances of the game at lower levels

Little sympathy as they cheated systematically over a long time including as recently as August of this year.
    Now they blame everyone else but themselves
    No admission of guilt, no apologies forthcoming except to their own fans
    Have they apologised to Wycombe? I think not
    Will they apologise to the companies who will lose out. Unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    As well as covid they are now blaming Aston Villa because they beat them in the playoff final.
    What they seem to conveniently forget is that they vastly overspent in order to get into the playoffs in the first place. They effectively cheated and gained an unfair advantage on other clubs in that division including us.

If I were the EFL i'd notify Derby and Wycombe that they had automatic relegation and promotion at the end of the season regardless of the position they finished in the league.

Wycombe also to be compensated for their loss this season as well by Derby which would be a liability for any new owner. That means there would be 4 x relegations and promotions just for this season
    That would be an interesting court case flour. UTM

What have Wycombe got to do with it? If Derby County had been deducted points last season at this stage, it would be us who would be in the championship & not Wycombe.

Wycombe just happened to finish 22nd by winning a couple of meaningless games at the end of the season knowing that they were down. Conversely our games v Cov & Birmingham would have not had as much on them. In effect it skewed the whole league.

If we are going to say a team should change places it should be with Charlton from the season before when the whole episode came to light.

Not sure I agree with your logic there.
    Our season was still alive as of the 87th minute at Cardiff so we were not involved in any meaningless games.
    Wycombe finishing above us was because we weren't good enough.

We were pooped after playing so many games but more importantly we didn't score enough goals. I don't think those problems would have changed because Derby had less points. Wycombe were not as fatigued and found their shooting boots at the business end of the season

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast