+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Kane to wear another type of armband at World Cup

O/T Kane to wear another type of armband at World Cup

England captain Kane is going to wear a 'onelove' armband at the World Cup to support same *** relationships. Its called the 'onelove' initiative and is a heart coloured in with lots of pretty colours and a 1 in the middle. You show'em England,although not awarding Qatar the World Cup in the first place or boycotting it now would perhaps add far more weight to the cause that you claim to be 'so honoured' to support!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    England captain Kane is going to wear a 'onelove' armband at the World Cup to support same *** relationships. Its called the 'onelove' initiative and is a heart coloured in with lots of pretty colours and a 1 in the middle. You show'em England,although not awarding Qatar the World Cup in the first place or boycotting it now would perhaps add far more weight to the cause that you claim to be 'so honoured' to support!
    Another meaningless gesture for the sheep to follow

I love this 'sheep ' analogy, so if most people think it's a stupid idea,wouldn't they be the 'sheep' ?

Sure, it may not achieve much in Qatar, but I find it hilarious you folks have such a problem with it.

Do you disagree with the messaging?

Displaying poppies doesn't achieve anything, but no problems expressed with that.

Are poppy wearers sheep?

How is that any different from the rainbow armband? You would think Qatar would ban this too.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Sure, it may not achieve much in Qatar, but I find it hilarious you folks have such a problem with it.

Displaying poppies doesn't achieve anything, but no problems expressed with that.

Are poppy wearers sheep?
    What I have a problem with is is instead of displaying token ,virtue signalling gestures, back your alleged beliefs of conviction by boycotting the whole competition.After all,progress was never made without true sacrifice. Thats why we still live in a free country and that's why we wear a poppy.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    How is that any different from the rainbow armband? You would think Qatar would ban this too.
    I thought it was rainbow laces?

Or was that meaningless gesture #197 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    . If he’s that bothered he shouldn’t be going to the World Cup finals.

Thanks Jimmy for giving us all the opportunity to repeat the same old lines. The board very much needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post

Are poppy wearers sheep?
    . I would say if he believed in what he’s supporting then he shouldn’t go to the finals, but he won’t do that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast