+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Clap for eric

Clap for eric

Our eric rip, winnies youngest son as organised for fans to clap on 5 mins to show our last respect, he wor number 5, so start clapping lads put a tear in there young uns eye.

Hey Rasca man, I like that idea.
    They don't come more genuine than big Eric do they ehh.
    The bloke was or rather still is a legend, theres simply no other way to describe him.
    Last edited by Acido; 08-08-2021 at 08:29 PM.

Massive part of the club for a number of years. The crop of youngsters he coached and brought through in the 90s were an integral part of our success under Danny Wilson. The likes of Andy Liddle, Nicky Eaden, Dave Watson, Adie Moses, Chris Morgan, Scott Jones, Chris Jackson and the like were brought through by Eric. When he was made 1st team coach in 1993 under Viv Anderson the club never looked back till the end of the decade.

His playing days were well before my time but 461 appearances as a player is some going. A club legend, simple as. Any form of respect and recognition is richly deserved 👏

[QUOTE=pass_and_move;39838708]Massive part of the club for a number of years. The crop of youngsters he coached and brought through in the 90s were an integral part of our success under Danny Wilson. The likes of Andy Liddle, Nicky Eaden, Dave Watson, Adie Moses, Chris Morgan, Scott Jones, Chris Jackson and the like were brought through by Eric. When he was made 1st team coach in 1993 under Viv Anderson the club never looked back till the end of the decade.

His playing days were well before my time but 461 appearances as a player is some going. A club legend, simple as. Any form of respect and recognition is richly deserved 👏[/QUOwTE]
    There young un is terry nutkins on bbs, hes posted some vidios on one of his msg.danny wilson etc..

Was fortunate to watch EW play going to my first ever Barnsley game and many times afterwards, my hero he was.

Deaths a barsteard i no that.

Mi dsd,mam, daughter shes 26 av all got covid, theyve all had there injections dont feel 2 rough, i looked at all fans on quest, noone wearing masks, av ad pneumonia thwice, coffing blood up and lot, feeling like i wa on deaths door, am still waiting for mi second injection, things are getting sloppy. Someone start a new tread am not righting all this all again.

Legend. For B.F.C
    And what a nice man too.
    Old school

Legend. For B.F.C
    And what a nice man too.
    Old school

Absolutely Agree

The man bled Barnsley Football Club .

If we clapped for the whole 90 minutes on Saturday it still wouldn't be enough to do this man justice for what he gave this club .