+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worrying time for Ukraine

Worrying time for Ukraine

As the war drags on Russian forces continue to make progress -albeit slowly- across eastern and southern Ukraine and Putin ramps up attacks on Kyiv. Just hope that the growing economic problems that the West now faces don't distract from continuing to supply the higher capability weapons that Zelensky is asking for.

Putin will be happy to go on as he is despite the heavy losses because he is winning by attrition and the longer the war goes on the better in some ways for him as he will hope a kind of fatigue for it will set in and Western unity over the matter will begin to crumble. Tbh, I think the sooner Russian forces can be given a "bloody nose" the better but Zelensky needs to weaponry that is able to achieve this. Putin can sabre rattle and threaten as much as he likes but he only tends to do this when he is worried - and he doesn't seem worried enough at the moment.

Ultimately, Putin still needs to be stopped as his actions are having severe repercussions for Ukraine itself and beyond, whether that be the threat to stability in Europe or contributing to a global food shortage.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    As the war drags on Russian forces continue to make progress -albeit slowly- across eastern and southern Ukraine and Putin ramps up attacks on Kyiv. Just hope that the growing economic problems that the West now faces don't distract from continuing to supply the higher capability weapons that Zelensky is asking for.

Putin will be happy to go on as he is despite the heavy losses because he is winning by attrition and the longer the war goes on the better in some ways for him as he will hope a kind of fatigue for it will set in and Western unity over the matter will begin to crumble. Tbh, I think the sooner Russian forces can be given a "bloody nose" the better but Zelensky needs to weaponry that is able to achieve this. Putin can sabre rattle and threaten as much as he likes but he only tends to do this when he is worried - and he doesn't seem worried enough at the moment.

Ultimately, Putin still needs to be stopped as his actions are having severe repercussions for Ukraine itself and beyond, whether that be the threat to stability in Europe or contributing to a global food shortage.

Putin needs to be stopped and ammunition needs to be ramped up for Ukraine. India and China should be told they are not getting a penny of foreign aid unless they stop buying Russian oil. Why the hell are they still receiving aid anyway! We need to do more to get the gulf countries on our side too.

If those Brits are executed then all Russians unless with U.K. citizenship should be expelled from the country as well as the Oligarchs and Putin’s family in other NATO countries.

We need to be harder as can see Belarus being dragged into it and Putin will then go after Kiev.

Worrying times!

Think you are spot on about Belarus. Lukashenko seems itching to do a little more than simply brown nose to Putin and it already seems likely that he would allow Russia to launch attacks on Ukraine from Belarusian soil. I also think that if Russia continues to make inroads that this will increasingly worry both Poland and Lithuania and there is a danger there that then things could escalate if they become more directly involved. Would NATO support them if they did? To do so could lead to a direct confrontation between NATO and Russia with all the potential risks that entails. Given these possible scenarios it would be better to upscale military aid to Ukraine for them to use asap. Certainly these remain worrying times.

It seems to me that Putin will stop at nothing to get what he wants, regardless of the loss of life and misery for so many people. The man is a piece of $hit in human form and it would not surprise me one bit if we end up having a war between NATO and Russia.

I’m now of the opinion that Ukraine need to make a targeted strike inside Russia, not a civilian target but if it was up to me I would have a go at hitting the Kremlin! Might be a one way mission tho but it would send a message to the average Russian that they are in a war not a special exercise..

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    I’m now of the opinion that Ukraine need to make a targeted strike inside Russia, not a civilian target but if it was up to me I would have a go at hitting the Kremlin! Might be a one way mission tho but it would send a message to the average Russian that they are in a war not a special exercise..

Totally agree Dave! You can’t not fight back against a big bully if he will probably kill you - you take a baseball bat to him!

So what Putin has scary nuclear weapons but would he wipe out his family as well as other countries! I doubt it! Would it even if worth living in a world with another Hitler if he were allowed to go from strength to strength? Probably not!

I hope Ukraine fire a few rockets their way! We need to hit them really hard before there’s no Ukrainian forces left to even defend Kiev!

Sanction India and China too if needed and cut their foreign aid to zero for buying Russian oil!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Totally agree Dave! You can’t not fight back against a big bully if he will probably kill you - you take a baseball bat to him!

So what Putin has scary nuclear weapons but would he wipe out his family as well as other countries! I doubt it! Would it even if worth living in a world with another Hitler if he were allowed to go from strength to strength? Probably not!

I hope Ukraine fire a few rockets their way! We need to hit them really hard before there’s no Ukrainian forces left to even defend Kiev!

Sanction India and China too if needed and cut their foreign aid to zero for buying Russian oil!
    Sadly it’s the only way, I remember as a kid being bullied by a kid a couple of years older on the bus to school, I was probably only 7, didn’t want to go to school, my dad got the issue out of me and said, next time just punch him on the nose as hard as you can, next day he was flicking my ears, so I did what my dad said, he never picked on me again! Always hated bullies, to me Putin is that older lad on the bus..

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Sadly it’s the only way, I remember as a kid being bullied by a kid a couple of years older on the bus to school, I was probably only 7, didn’t want to go to school, my dad got the issue out of me and said, next time just punch him on the nose as hard as you can, next day he was flicking my ears, so I did what my dad said, he never picked on me again! Always hated bullies, to me Putin is that older lad on the bus..

Sending a rocket into a shopping mall with 1000 people is absolutely sick!! People can close their eyes all they like but something needs to be done! Why are these rich oligarchs not paraded on television as a start to say how disgusted they are with their country? They can’t stay in a NATO country and ignore all this unless they are f uckin hypocrites!!

China and India still buying Russian oil and saying nothing and no doubt Turkey are receiving stolen grain yet are against Finland and Sweden entering NATO! You can’t make it up!

Send some rockets into Russia and if Hitler 2 wants to press the button - let him!

I can see them been abandoned to Russia at this rate...FFS...shipping heavy artillery pieces by the end of July/August.
    Still a heavy scent of appeasement....by Germany,France and many others.....and because the west doesn't want any inflation for its economies......goodnight!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I can see them been abandoned to Russia at this rate...FFS...shipping heavy artillery pieces by the end of July/August.
    Still a heavy scent of appeasement....by Germany,France and many others.....and because the west doesn't want any inflation for its economies......goodnight!!

As Dave said - I would start bombing Russia back. Rather Hitler 2 presses the button than live in a world where shopping centres are bombed and innocent civilians are executed or raped.

Totally dislike Johnston but to his credit he’s shown more balls over Ukraine than France and Germany put together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)