+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Come on Hungry , Come on Callum

Come on Hungry , Come on Callum

I might be on my own here but I do not get this love in with Scotland, I personally hope they get stuffed tonight & I have just seen the teams & Styles gets a start , hope he gets the winner !! Lets be fair , if it was the other way round the Scots would be willing us to get beat , anyway what will be will be but come on HUNGRY !!

Yup not just a big game for Scotland but also Hungry and Styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Yup not just a big game for Scotland but also Hungry and Styles.
    Seriously it is a fantastic achievement for Styles , to play in the Euros coming from a third division side is something to be proud of and what ever his critics say about him he will have achieved something that others could only dream about and the whole experience must be beneficial for the lad.

He just doesn't feel like he's our player anymore so I just can't really warm to this Hungary thing .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    He just doesn't feel like he's our player anymore so I just can't really warm to this Hungary thing .
    I hear what you are saying but he played for us last season and was loaned out by the club, with once again trying to make money out of selling another asset , as I say he has his critics but he has earned his caps and credit to him and he has also learned his trade in a reds shirt therefore in my opinion the club can take some credit for his development . I know I will be in a minority but I wish him well and I also know when the knives are out by the faithful they can be brutal but I loved the season under Val where he performed very well and I also remember the part he played in the " Great Escape " especially with the crucial goal at Brentford but anyway choose what anyone says about the lad tonight can never be taken away from him , I wish him well , congratulations Callum and good luck tonight.

Not so much on here but I don’t get the vitriol towards him online in other places.

It benefits us all if he plays well. Those that don’t want him playing for us again would surely want him to do well so a team buys him?

I thought he was decent in that first half. Booking may hamper his game time though.

Come off on the 60th minute, as expected. I thought he was pretty solid, not spectacular. Certainly didn’t look out of place though.

As for the game as a whole, I think it’s been a poor watch. You’d think with both teams needing to win they’d be going for it. Here’s hoping with 25 minutes left, both teams will have a go.

Och no

I love a story with a happy ending , Hungry deserved to go through , Styles played well and did a job , see you Scotland !!!!

Solid performance by Styles.
    Excellent defensive midfield display closing off the Scotland midfield.
    Doing his credibility no harm at all.
    When he went off the game totally changed as Hungry went for a more attacking formation.
    Leaving space in the midfield for Scotland.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast