+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: re gary roberts

re gary roberts

It seems his club want him to stay on reduced wages, we have made an official bid that has been turned down.
    The deal is a 3 year deal on decent wages which chesterfield can not or will not match?
    I suppose a small increase in our bid will save face for the cfc chairman with the fans.
    That apart it's whether the player wants to come south or not?
    He has a family and this deal must be a good one because it's probably his last one?
    PC obviously wants this lad to be the attacking heartbeat of his side and I expect/hope it will be done soon.
    Cfc fan sites rate this lad as their best player although he is not going to be resalable.
    If he signs I'd expect Jimmy Ryan to also venture south. Another midfielder who has refused to sign on with Cfc.
    Apparently they are good friends on and off the park.
    Cfc May be in the league above us but at this rate we could find ourselves passing them if we were to go up!

re: re gary roberts

It seams,quite a strong word that in lemans terms means absolutely nothing pure speculation ,
    You cannot make offers of 3 years to a player who is still under contract,again pure speculation.
    As for your last line we could find ourselves passing them if we were to go up.im sure your aware that you've been trying to get out of the bottom league for a number of seasons now but yet your still there seams like Pompey fans seam to think there billy big *******s now they have a decent manager, and you all seam to be of the opinion that your automatically going up as big as you think you are there's still better teams than Pompey in that league and all will be trying to make sure you stay were you are ,that's football

The word 'if' we go up gives a distinct clue to the poster's thoughts. Actually he was saying that Chesterfield are far more likely to be going down. They need to cut their debt. So the family jewels are up for grabs. PC has obvious inside knowledge of not only playing staff but contractual terms existing to the players.
    Roberts is their best player but at his age is unlikely to get to the championship but other geographical clubs in l1 May offer him terms, whether that is as good as Pompey's or the vision PC is selling to him is up for speculation. The fact that chesterfield have now via Twitter released the fact our bid has been refused has only been done to alert potential other buyers. They do have other assets including Darikwa and Clucas but they are young and will be looking up at championship clubs.Ryan has refused a new contract since Jan to boot. Leeds are suitors to Darikwa and have bid 500k for him.
    You seem to have a flea in your bonnet about Pompey, get over yourself mush

Going down lol you've been smoking some funny ****, we are cutting the debt like most clubs do selling the family's jewels an don't think so,you do know that Roberts has a year left on his contract? Chesterfield have not released anything on Twitter about your or anyone else's bid ,that's site is called Chesterfield fan app it the local hack paper not the club,a problem with your club wrong again just pointing out that you lot seem to think now you have cookie your going straight up ,we will wait and see on that one you need to get over yourselve mush.
    A fight against relegation haha you are a real joker
    We all know anyone is an asset and at the right price and cercumstance may be sold ,you going straight back up and overtaking us good luck with that one I do remember a couple of seasons ago you were favourites to go straight back up ,tell me how that panned out ,now go knit yourselve a jumper you will need it in the lower league battles knob

Feck it!
    You're easy, let's have some fun.
    We are favourites to go up every year in this league. We know we are not but the bookies still install us nonetheless.
    You on the other hand have just had the two best years in modern football era playing attractive football.
    Your manager left you because you couldn't compete with the ambition of a club who finished 16th in the forth tier of English football. Says a lot doesn't it?
    Dean Saunders _ hoofball for you then next season.
    As for OUR manager, he's going around making the right noises and signings. It's a good start for him down here. Thing is, we've fallen along way, the good thing is that we can climb our way back up again where as you've peaked already or is this where you say that you are a championship club? You've got little man syndrome. Tough.
    Stick around and we can discuss the situation during the course of the season Dopey!
    Regards

Ah I'm easy ok let's go with that ,I'm not trying to say cookies a bad manager far from it as you say we have had the best 2 seasons under him,although the two before him were alright as well what I'm trying to say there's no guarantees that your going up just because he's had a couple of good seasons as most of your supporters on the boards think your going up automatically just on the manager having a good run ,it's not written in stone ,as for your comment regarding little man syndrome no I haven't we know our limitations crowd sizes dictate that obviously ,but I could also say the opposite for you having big club syndrome your like sheff Utd they also suffer from your disease big club syndrome we shouldn't be here ,wo is me your both in the lower leagues for a reason that reason is your not as good as you think you are,I also don't have to insult someone at the end of every post to make myself look big like you do ,ah that's also big man syndrome I'm struggling to win an argumen

Seems like this one likes to have the last word(s).

Shame none of them make any sense.

Have radio Sheffield just announced a 3 year deal for Roberts?

Guess we know more than you!!!

He aint coming back Yak. Just as well - he has given me a migraine.

Tbf I think they actually said it was close as in he just has to sign but the fact their own fans site are now reporting it says it all.
    I'd expect Jimmy Ryan to sign now as well. Paul Cook is signing some great talent for league 2 and even league 1.
    As for Chesterfield, well we know all to well what crap chairmen are like and to support teams like them make their fans 'real' fans because short of a promotion to league 1 occasionally, that's all they will ever amount too.
    Small man syndrome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)