+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (4)

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Are they still counting Covid deaths as anyone who's died of any cause within 28 days of a positive test?

Because if that's the case then how can we get an accurate assessment of how dangerous it is?
    Over 50 thousand deaths perhaps???

Are they still counting Covid deaths as anyone who's died of any cause within 28 days of a positive test?

Because if that's the case then how can we get an accurate assessment of how dangerous it is?
    I think it's pretty universal that the older you are and the more unhealthy you are the more chance you have of it killing you or contributing to killing you. Where I live, 54% of cases are in the under 40s but only 1% of deaths (Death rate < 0.5%). Conversely, only 4% of cases are in the over 80s but they account for 54% of deaths (Death rate 34%).

However, I guess these rates are also probably reflective of the 'normal' death curve.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Over 50 thousand deaths perhaps???
    That's the same problem, "with" not "of".

That's the same problem, "with" not "of".
    It's a valid point but one that can also be applied to Alzheimer's and nobody argues that disease shouldn't be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post

Unless like you say it's just one big scam and hot air.
    The virus is very real.

The stats, the tests, the reporting of the virus , the recording of covid deaths are the problem.

Households in Birmingham have been banned from mixing in new lockdown measures announced following a spike in coronavirus cases.
    The city now has the second highest rate of Covid-19 infection in England, behind Bolton.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Households in Birmingham have been banned from mixing in new lockdown measures announced following a spike in coronavirus cases.
    The city now has the second highest rate of Covid-19 infection in England, behind Bolton.
    Number of deaths?
    Number of hospitalisations?
    Number of people with symptoms?
    Number of people feeling unwell?
    Number of asymptomatic cases?
    Number of false positive cases?
    Number of people double tested?

So far I have been fortunate enough not to have the virus or to know anyone who has died from it. However, don't you think it's a bit churlish IBS to keep harping on about statistics when without doubt Grandparents, Mums, Dads, Brothers, Sisters, Sons, Daughters...etc. have died a pretty horrible death due to COVID?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    So far I have been fortunate enough not to have the virus or to know anyone who has died from it. However, don't you think it's a bit churlish IBS to keep harping on about statistics when without doubt Grandparents, Mums, Dads, Brothers, Sisters, Sons, Daughters...etc. have died a pretty horrible death due to COVID?

I have enormous sympathy for those people. Just as I would anybody who dies of any other disease.

I also have enormous sympathy for the 60,000, people who did not receive cancer screening during lockdown and their friends and family who have to cope with that situation. Also those who have died during lockdown because they couldn't get adequate hospital care for other illnesses. I have sympathy for the dramatic rise in male suicide, the spike in alcohol and drug addiction and the tsunami of mental health cases.

And I am sure you share my concern CAM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I have enormous sympathy for those people. Just as I would anybody who dies of any other disease.

I also have enormous sympathy for the 60,000, people who did not receive cancer screening during lockdown and their friends and family who have to cope with that situation. Also those who have died during lockdown because they couldn't get adequate hospital care for other illnesses. I have sympathy for the dramatic rise in male suicide, the spike in alcohol and drug addiction and the tsunami of mental health cases.

And I am sure you share my concern CAM.
    I do IBS and I won't be churlishly arguing about the statistics you have provided.

Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast