Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
To present a different perspective for balance:

Not entirely ‘the Government’ but some observations on the UK’s response to Covid having recently journeyed to and from Greece

Before departure from UK I had to present the PLF for Greece and show proof of double vaccination (these being Greek entry requirements)

On arrival in Greece there were no temperature checks and no checks on vaccination or PLF - this having been carried out prior to departure from UK.

Before leaving Greece, three days later, every passenger had to display their UK ‘Passenger Locator Form’ QR code, proof of double vaccination and a certificate from a doctor of negative PCR test.

On arrival back in the UK, I was asked to show vaccination certificates and negative covid test, but not PLF as I was clearly a returning UK resident.

There was no temperature checking of passengers whatsoever.

Throughout our stay in Greece the Greeks were OK about mask wearing, but not much different to here. Those in authority on planes and in the airport in both UK and Greece were absolutely strict on masks, particularly on the plane.

Strange how two experiences differ
Thank god you two weren't on the same plane

My experience in Spain was per rA and in Greece was per GP, the only extra I can add is that the only Covid denyer we met was also the only person to steal my expensive sunglasses