+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: OT a frightening thought

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    and where do you sit Swale. Id guess you are a millionaire if you include the value of your pension fund and house as well as conventional assets, savings etc. So how many thousand do you donate to charity every year, and how much hogwash does hypocrisy equate to?
    Don't expect a quick response, there's no wifi in his Counting House. Or maybe he's busy rooting out that proof I asked for for his put-downs yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    and where do you sit Swale. Id guess you are a millionaire if you include the value of your pension fund and house as well as conventional assets, savings etc. So how many thousand do you donate to charity every year, and how much hogwash does hypocrisy equate to?
    Well I'm not in the league of those I was referring to, such as the ex pat media owners, ex pat retail owners, industrialists, hedge fund owners, Russian Oligarchs and people like Trump (£400 million dollars debt?)and so on, maybe billionaires is more accurate these days or multi millionaires?

So where I sit really isn't the question is it? I'm not making public pronouncements or funding campaigns for Brexit, or being a politician or funding biased media pushing out false news?

Not really sure why your question is relevant really?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Don't expect a quick response, there's no wifi in his Counting House. Or maybe he's busy rooting out that proof I asked for for his put-downs yesterday
    OK so as expected the level of response to a fairly simple and uncomplicated observation, from GP and AF is a personal attack, using a ludicrous comparison?

I could justify myself but don't feel the need to do so.

As for the proof you asked for I believe it was contained in a YouGov Poll on attitudes to the BBC, it was something I mentioned as an aside, which I qualified anyway, so making a big deal out of that basically reflects a certain desperation on your part to have a dig, which you have exhibited often before on your part.

if I actually thought digging details out would be worth it I'd do it, but I know its not, especially as whenever I ask you for some explanation or proof its very rarely forthcoming.

Heres a bit more on what i was referring to, making GP's query of me loo even more stupid.

On and AF source is the Guardian.

An anti-tax group funded primarily by billionaires has emerged as one of the biggest backers of the Republican lawmakers who sought to overturn the US election results, according to an analysis by the Guardian.

The Club for Growth has supported the campaigns of 42 of the rightwing Republicans senators and members of Congress who voted last week to challenge US election results, doling out an estimated $20m to directly and indirectly support their campaigns in 2018 and 2020, according to data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics.

About 30 of the Republican hardliners received more than $100,000 in indirect and direct support from the group.

The Club for Growth’s biggest beneficiaries include Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz, the two Republican senators who led the effort to invalidate Joe Biden’s electoral victory, and the newly elected far-right gun-rights activist Lauren Boebert, a QAnon conspiracy theorist. Boebert was criticised last week for tweeting about the House speaker Nancy Pelosi’s location during the attack on the Capitol, even after lawmakers were told not to do so by police.

Public records show the Club for Growth’s largest funders are the billionaire Richard Uihlein, the Republican co-founder of the Uline shipping supply company in Wisconsin, and Jeffrey Yass, the co-founder of Susquehanna International Group, an options trading group based in Philadelphia that also owns a sports betting company in Dublin.

While Uihlein and Yass have kept a lower profile than other billionaire donors such as Michael Bloomberg and the late Sheldon Adelson, their backing of the Club for Growth has helped to transform the organization from one traditionally known as an anti-regulatory and anti-tax pro-business pressure group to one that backs some of the most radical and anti-democratic Republican lawmakers in Congress.

“Here’s the thing about the hyper wealthy. They believe that their hyper-wealth grants them the ability to not be accountable. And that is not the case. If you’ve made billions of dollars, good on you. But that doesn’t make you any less accountable for funding anti-democratic or authoritarian candidates and movements,” said Reed Galen, a former Republican strategist who co-founded the Lincoln Project, the anti-Trump campaigners.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    AF source is the Guardian.
    You've tickled me with that, the only analysis The Guardian are on record as undertaking on the BBC makes no reference to gender or age group, and it certainly makes no reference to Brexit because it was carried out in 2013. Your Dipstickery knows no bounds sometimes

Well I'm not in the league of those I was referring to, such as the ex pat media owners, ex pat retail owners, industrialists, hedge fund owners, Russian Oligarchs and people like Trump (£400 million dollars debt?)and so on, maybe billionaires is more accurate these days or multi millionaires?

So where I sit really isn't the question is it? I'm not making public pronouncements or funding campaigns for Brexit, or being a politician or funding biased media pushing out false news?

Not really sure why your question is relevant really?
    I thought it was closer to $500M than $400M and that is only debt repayment due in 2021........

There are many grubby capitalists who ahve dubious businesses who have made charitable contributions, now if you Bill gates and devote sizeable proportion of your fortune to a charitable cause, I admire that, if your a millionaire avoiding taxes and screwing others over and you give a few thousand to charity, thats hogwash in my opinion!
    You did not reference multi millionaries or greater, simply slagged off millionaires for merely giving a few thousand. I would wager that you, I and maybe others on here are millionaires on basis of accumulated pension funds, houses etc. Your response suggests that you do not contribute 1000s to charity (and you obviously dont have to say) but let those in glasshouses not throw the first stone. When you want to criticise people for (not) doing something, its always a better moral high ground to stand on if you do it yourself.

Suspect you’re deliberately misinterpreting Swale’s post #109, GP...and he did actually mention Bill Gates who is rather more than a mere millionaire.

Moving on and away from any ‘personal giving contest’...aren’t there a number of religions who suggest that individuals should give a proportion of their wealth to charity? 2.5% springs vaguely to mind, though I’m unsure whether that’s gross or disposable income.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    You've tickled me with that, the only analysis The Guardian are on record as undertaking on the BBC makes no reference to gender or age group, and it certainly makes no reference to Brexit because it was carried out in 2013. Your Dipstickery knows no bounds sometimes
    Oh do keep up please! I was referring to my source for post 114, not the Brexit post, I understand that it may take a while for you to keep up but you do make yourself look the dipstick when you don't!

I've already said that the Brexit and the BBC was in a YouGov survey Attitudes to the BBC, that was published in Jan 2021. But as I will repeat for your benefit, it was a ****ing aside and I qualified it.

jeez its difficult having a conversation with someone who is so dense

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Suspect you’re deliberately misinterpreting Swale’s post #109, GP...and he did actually mention Bill Gates who is rather more than a mere millionaire.

Moving on and away from any ‘personal giving contest’...aren’t there a number of religions who suggest that individuals should give a proportion of their wealth to charity? 2.5% springs vaguely to mind, though I’m unsure whether that’s gross or disposable income.
    GP is just being his usual facetious self rA, which is par for the course when he has nothing useful to say, that coupled with AF misreading the source I gave makes me wonder whether early onset dementia has set in!

I'd be more impressed if some of the mainstream religions actually practised what they preached with regard to their own finances!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)