+ Visit Preston North End FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colchester

Colchester

OK someone had to make this post - Gards is too frightened to start the discussion fearing some strange voodoo curse will befall the K*** enders and Alf is still sulking due to the six fingered ones being doomed and sent back to the place real football appears to be getting played at the moment as it is where Leeds are languishing giving the downtrodden the privilege of a trip to the hallowed ground known as Elland Road.

So - will PNE implode - have Colchester the fight in them to survive? One thing for sure they won't be playing a B team like Swindon and rolling over to preserve themselves for any play offs - for Colchester the game is about survival - they have Swindon on Tuesday who'll have even less interest in that game than yesterdays so possibly a win for Colchester.

My prediction - Colchester win against Swindon and hold PNE to draw - equals survival. If I am right you need MK to lose against Yeovil - they are down but sometimes players like to put on one last performance (y

re: Colchester

The mear thought of the play offs again for Preston should carry them over the winning line against Colchester,if it doesn't ,well we all know what will happen to them in play offs it's finger nail biting time for the ***bers .. I want them up though as like you say CB it's almost certain that the clarets will be back in the championship next season so be prepared for us beating you both and taking over your grounds when we visit you..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo
    The mear thought of the play offs again for Preston should carry them over the winning line against Colchester,if it doesn't ,well we all know what will happen to them in play offs it's finger nail biting time for the ***bers .. I want them up though as like you say CB it's almost certain that the clarets will be back in the championship next season so be prepared for us beating you both and taking over your grounds when we visit you..
    Taking over the ground? I can understand you wanting to become squatters at Elland Road but Deepdale you are better off staying in Burnley.

We have the best ground of the three so you both should be praying we get back into the Championship to give you a decent ground to visit

On us and Dingles visiting Elland Road and the infamous Lurpack stand we will be lucky to get more than 500 tickets as Leeds obviously must be scared of creating a decent atmosphere.

Regards Colchester we needed to win the last 3 games and it's one to go so bring on the U's we fear ***ody in this division. 18 games unbeaten and our strike force is getting stronger by the game. I am not saying Colchester is going to be a pushover, far from it but I do not see them stopping us scoring more goals than them as they leak goals like mad and with Beckford, Garner and Johnson scoring for fun I will be surprised if we don't bag the final win.

One nil up after a minute crikey it took your lot 2 minutes to score

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy
    ***** me CB... Gards will have no nails left this weekend.. What a finale in prospect..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo
    ***** me CB... Gards will have no nails left this weekend.. What a finale in prospect.. [/quote]

agreed , you would think Preston would roll over and let them survive if Preston are so good they won't fear the play offs

I think Gards and myself have watched Preston long enough to take nothing for granted.
    As a rule of thumb Preston on the biggest of occasions freeze and let great opportunities run by.
    I really do think that this year they WILL go up via the play offs.
    We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by lescand
    I think Gards and myself have watched Preston long enough to take nothing for granted.
    As a rule of thumb Preston on the biggest of occasions freeze and let great opportunities run by.
    We'll see...
    Like Les said as a ***ber you take nothing for granted however I do think on this occasion we will get over the line. This is in our own hands and another 3pts will do the job and with the strike force currently on top form I personally don't think Colchester can stop us from scoring with their very leaky defence. I am not saying it's going to be easy but Alfi made a comment about the Play-offs last year which is another incentive for this squad as they were all pretty much involved in that and won't want to endure the same.

Colchesters draw on Tuesday night means added pressure for the U's which I wanted and even a win for them won't guarantee their safety.

Up the Lily

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE
    We'll see...
    Like Les said as a ***ber you take nothing for granted however I do think on this occasion we will get over the line. This is in our own hands and another 3pts will do the job and with the strike force currently on top form I personally don't think Colchester can stop us from scoring with their very leaky defence. I am not saying it's going to be easy but Alfi made a comment about the Play-offs last year which is another incentive for this squad as they were all pretty much involved in that and won't want to endure the same.

Colchesters draw on Tuesday night means added pressure for the U's which I wanted and even a win for t

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)