+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (3)

I knew someone would do this. The Bhakdi quote was from weeks ago.

All the debate about no lockdown didn't start this week.It has been there from the beginning. I have no idea if it has any credibility or not. I really don't have the intelligence. But I can point to many experts, qualified experts who did have doubts. They at least should have been listened to. Like I say, lockdown the country for a week and let's hear the arguments. If those scientists who questioned the response did not have their ducks in a row they would be exposed. What is there to fear?

The fact that leading experts, actual medical experts (not Bill Gates) were not heard is an absolute scandal.

Stand up any epidemiologists on this site? Stand up any qualified people on virus control? Well there are many experts out there who are qualified who have always disagreed with the lockdown. They were not heard.

Piers Morgan and Bill Gates have more influence than genuine medical experts. Parliament **** themselves after Brexit.

Let people speak, no let the experts speak, let those who are pushing certain agendas be quizzed about their own interest in pursuing that agenda.

Those who can do a modicum of research, can see a money trail. Is it significant? I have no idea but put them on the spot to defend their decisions.

Are those who questioned the lockdown wrong or right?. Who knows? But one thing is for certain they know more than me or you or anyone else on this site. If they were right then the catastrophe that is going to be beyond measure, which is coming, could have been avioded.

Without going in to details I have a personal story about the virus. It has had an impact on my family. There is no doubt a virus and it is potentially fatal. Quarantine the over 70's ..sure. But the impact of this lockdown which can't be quantified, is going to roll and roll. And who will suffer? Which health service will suffer? Whose going to foot the bill? We all know the answer to that and it won't cause a ripple in certain peoples lifestyles who call the shots.

The fact that you question censorship is truly astonishing. The Eamon Holmes fiasco is just the tip of the iceberg
    Last edited by the_idiotb_stardson; 01-05-2020 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I knew someone would do this. The Bhakdi quote was from weeks ago.

All the debate about no lockdown didn't start this week.It has been there from the beginning. I have no idea if it has any credibility or not. I really don't have the intelligence. But I can point to many experts, qualified experts who did have doubts. They at least should have been listened to. Like I say, lockdown the country for a week and let's hear the arguments. If those scientists who questioned the response did not have their ducks in a row they would be exposed. What is there to fear?

The fact that leading experts, actual medical experts (not Bill Gates) were not heard is an absolute scandal.

Stand up any epidemiologists on this site? Stand up any qualified people on virus control? Well there are many experts out there who are qualified who have always disagreed with the lockdown. They were not heard.

Piers Morgan and Bill Gates have more influence than genuine medical experts. Parliament **** themselves after Brexit.

Let people speak, no let the experts speak, let those who are pushing certain agendas be quizzed about their own interest in pursuing that agenda.

Those who can do a modicum of research, can see a money trail. Is it significant? I have no idea but put them on the spot to defend their decisions.

Are those who questioned the lockdown wrong or right?. Who knows? But one thing is for certain they know more than me or you or anyone else on this site. If they were right then the catastrophe that is going to be beyond measure, which is coming, could have been avioded.

Without going in to details I have a personal story about the virus. It has had an impact on my family. There is no doubt a virus and it is potentially fatal. Quarantine the over 70's ..sure. But the impact of this lockdown which can't be quantified, is going to roll and roll. And who will suffer? Which health service will suffer? Whose going to foot the bill? We all know the answer to that and it won't cause a ripple in certain peoples lifestyles who call the shots.

The fact that you question censorship is truly astonishing. The Eamon Holmes fiasco is just the tip of the iceberg
    Experts from all perspectives have been debating what we should do since early in the year. You appear to be advocating a herd immunity approach to the virus, and the Government appeared to 'follow the science' in this direction in the early stages before changing tack to the lock down. Throughout all of this, experts have been free to air their viewpoints and these have been widely available in a huge variety of media outlets. We have had much ongoing debates on this throughout these threads, and the debates will continue.

Eamon Holmes has every right to express his conspiracy theory about 5G phone masts being involved - but his ITV bosses simply don't want him to use thier show as a platform to do this. Why should they? I have many views on how big money manipulates media and politics, but if I was fortunate enough to be able to present a talk show, I would not expect to be given the platform to express them. But there is nothing stopping him expressing his views through other media, although his taking on the mantle of conspiracy propagator might still not sit well with his bosses, who have a right to protect their image and product. In which case he could resign and take it on wholeheartedly?

Let the experts speak indeed. Let those with agendas be quizzed, sure. But not Philip Schofield on This Morning. Time and place lad. Time and place.

I appreciate that the Government are faced with huge pressures from business and have to consider all of the things you mention. But I personally am pleased that for the time being, they are being cautious and keeping the lockdown in place whilst we ride over the peak. The herd immunity approach has been well debated on here, and it will be interesting to see how Sweden manage with their approach. I think it is inevitable that we will relax the lockdown soon, with a view on the economy and with a view of protecting still the most vulnerable, but to do so whilst still fielding so many daily casualties and without a completely active test and trace policy ready to go would be foolish, even if here was a public appetite for it. Fair play to the government in my opinion, at least in this part of the crisis.

What's happening in Michigan is a great example of the American Constitution in play but I'm glad I'm not one of the presiding judges who felt the need to wear body armour to do my job. Crazy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52496514

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    What's happening in Michigan is a great example of the American Constitution in play but I'm glad I'm not one of the presiding judges who felt the need to wear body armour to do my job. Crazy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52496514
    Your President doesn't exactly help does he?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Your President doesn't exactly help does he?
    The President not my President and no, he doesn't help although we got our letter from him yesterday telling me and Mrs CA that we have received our Economic Impact Payment which for some reason they are giving out to everyone, independent of needs.

I bet the vultures are absolutely gutted

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I bet the vultures are absolutely gutted
    The press will not be happy but screw them they've been a disgrace throughout the entire crisis.

I defended them on the Leveson thing as well.

Maybe all those who said they wouldn't meet the target, including the journalists, should now apologise to the Govt and in particular the overworked Matt Hancock

Donald Trump seems to be the role model

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Maybe all those who said they wouldn't meet the target, including the journalists, should now apologise to the Govt and in particular the overworked Matt Hancock
    Correct. Not only met it but beat it.
    No worries though. Summat else to moan about tomorrow

Page 34 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast