+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The new 2020-21 season

The new 2020-21 season

Nahh then messrs Abbo & Wokey88 lol...

The new FC season is almost upon us isnt it, and we're all excited and nervous as well arent we right now lol.
    Im interested to know and listen to what you lads think about your Wolves FC this season. And hey Id even like to know what you think about this awful England team right now!!.

And hey lads, I do support super Barnsley FC as well of course.

Hi Acido, good to hear from you mate.

After Barnsley's great escape of last season, let's hope they have a bit more success this coming season. I find it very difficult to get enthusiastic about the England team although with our Conor playing there is a bit of an uplift in interest.

I expect Wolves to do well again, but it is still guesswork as to who will be in the team. As I understand it we still have not finished recruiting.

The main thing is that this weekend FOOTBALL'S BACK!!!

Hi Acido. Our board is very quiet at the moment and has been for months now, which is a great shame as it used to be very vibrant. It still gets a fair number of views though. Last season was a very long one for Wolves, going on for over 12 months. The lads looked knackered the last few game. Disappointing to miss out on Europe this year by fine margins, VAR didn't help us either. I know people say it averages out over a season but we had some strange refereeing decisions as well, the late penalty at Burnley springs to mind.

We have spent some good money on young players, so we will have to see how things pan out. The lads only reported back to training two weeks ago and we have had 9 out on International duty. Good to see Connor Coady get his England cap although both games were dire. Southgate must be on borrowed time..

I think it will be a tough season this time round and the three promoted sides will find it hard going. I always have a look for the Barnsley results, lets hope you have a decent competitive season.

Don't be stranger on our board Acido.

Thats nice of you both, how can I stay away eh now you've said that lol.

England were garbage in Denmark this week, and I do support them as much as i support my club. But that was awful, no other way to describe it. The lad Coady sounds a bit full of himsenn, and that means he's real future captain material lol.

Did you know we only stayed up because of Wigan's admin and points deduction ?. I/we cant go through another season like that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Thats nice of you both, how can I stay away eh now you've said that lol.

England were garbage in Denmark this week, and I do support them as much as i support my club. But that was awful, no other way to describe it. The lad Coady sounds a bit full of himsenn, and that means he's real future captain material lol.

Did you know we only stayed up because of Wigan's admin and points deduction ?. I/we cant go through another season like that again.
    This year, Wednesday start off twelve points in the hole, so that could help too.

Last season’s Championship was a lot like the 12-13 Championship when we went down to League One. Usually 50 points is enough so you’re not sweating the final day.

Hello again Mich, nice of you to join my exclusive little thread aimed at my former 'Wolves friends' on here lol.

How 'bout them Cowboys eh, err yes I am still an NFL/Dallas fan by the way Mich, that won't ever change lol.

Like you say, those damn pesky Fowls (Sheff Wensdy) have got -12 points to start with, and surely Wycombe will struggle as the season wears on. But goodness me, that 12-13 season was an unbelievable final day scrap for us. If I remember rightly, Bristol City & yourselves went down, and we went into the final day at Huddersfield, and we ended up sending Peterbrough down after they lost 3-2 at C.Palace.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hello again Mich, nice of you to join my exclusive little thread aimed at my former 'Wolves friends' on here lol.

How 'bout them Cowboys eh, err yes I am still an NFL/Dallas fan by the way Mich, that won't ever change lol.

Like you say, those damn pesky Fowls (Sheff Wensdy) have got -12 points to start with, and surely Wycombe will struggle as the season wears on. But goodness me, that 12-13 season was an unbelievable final day scrap for us. If I remember rightly, Bristol City & yourselves went down, and we went into the final day at Huddersfield, and we ended up sending Peterbrough down after they lost 3-2 at C.Palace.
    The glory days of Wolves when Dean Saunders was at the helm

The Lions’ division is wide open. We could go 10-6 and win our division for the first time sine 91. I don’t have high hopes though as I’m not a big fan of our coaching staff. You have a new coaching staff as well. Don’t play you in the regular season, but maybe in the playoffs

Hey lads, the only one not on this thread here now... is the old lad Woody. So come on man, your welcome to join us.

Now Mich, we both had unfortunate losses on the opening day this weekend, to begin with you lost away at Chicago and that must have hurt did it!. And we were harshly dealt an offensive pass interference call late on in the game away at LA Rams, when it looked like we were going to nick it!.

Well done to the Wolves for taking a big stick to the filthy SheffUre Blunts (err yes its a Barnsley/Yorkshire thing, you can tell I dont like them).

And hey Abbo, we won tonight away at Middlesbrough in the Lg cup, so now we go away to Chelski's U23 team in the next round.

Up 23-6 in the fourth quarter to a team with a mediocre Qb. And one of our top draft picks dropped the winning TD with 6 seconds left.

The only normal thing to happen in 2020 is for the Lions to lose like that

Yo Abbo we're out of the LG Cup now, after a very close hard fought unlucky 6-0 spanking at Chelski lol.
    So fingers crossed, we're going to take a big stick to Cov in the League tomorrow.

And Mich, I'm sure you noticed we had a low scoring bore fest last week against Atlanta (40-39). There were only 79 points in the game, that's not good enough is it lol.
    We visit Seattle this weekend btw, who are Detroit playing ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 25-09-2020 at 11:21 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)