+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep or get shot

Keep or get shot

Thee are a number of players-including some first-teamers-whose contracts expire at the end of the season. Who would you keep, who would you say thanks but see ya/piss off to.

Henri Saivet...but of a disaster, this fella. Not his fault but we've shelled out millions for very, very little return. Get rid.

Rolando Aarons-big shame because, when he first got some gametime, he looked promising but he never got beyond that. Get shot.

Christian Atsu-a symbol of our pathetically limited ambitions that we ever bought him. Mid-table Chimpo player at best. See ya.

Achraf Lazaar....I know next to nothing about him despite him being here a few years. Ta ra.

Ciaran Clark...hmm...well, we can't get rid of everyone on this list so maybe another year?

Andy Carroll-bad decision to bring him back, a worse decision to extend his contract so if they give him another one, they ant shooting with shit. He hasn't scored yet. he's a striker and he HASN'T SCORED! Get rid.

Dwight Gayle...nope. Chimpo striker (yes he had a purple patch after lockdown but that was at odds with almost everthing we've seen of him previously) Will be no surprise at all when we extend his contract but we really, really shouldn't.

Federico Fernandez-no beating about the bush here-he's our best defender by some stretch. Absolutely must keep him.

DeAndre Yedlin. Shit defender who's quick enough to sometimes cover up his own mistakes. Yes, he gets forward but is he any good when he gets there? No. Off you go.

Jacob Murphy...canny lad, nice family, works hard, cares...blah, blah, blah. Just not good enough, I'm afraid. Sorry-thanks but no thanks.

So....let me see...out of that lot, I'd have us keeping two central defenders.

Your go.

I’d agree with that almost 100%.

I quite like Clarke but I think he should go. We have 3 (should be 2) central defenders ahead of him in the pecking order so, if we keep them, he’s only likely to play for us in the cups.

Also if Carroll goes then, Gayle should stay until (!) a new striker is bought. If Wilson gets injured, who will play up front otherwise ?(please don’t say the ‘J’ word!).

What a time to be alive....

I feel sorry for Saivet he scored that brilliant free kick at west ham and his reward was being dropped next match. Get rids Carroll Gayle Atsu and Bruce

Agree with all of that Zip.

Except I think i'd keep Murphy as well, he at least offers us some pace and if we're getting rid of Atsu best to have some back up.

I also agree taht both Carroll and Gayle should go but at same time that leaves us **** all when injuries hit, so need to keep one till another striker is signed.

Oh, I agree, lads. I'd want Carroll and Gayle both replaced and if I had to keep one, it would be Gayle. Similarly Clark-I don't think he's a particularly great defender but he's ok in a 3.

I’ve got a lot of time for Clarke - not the greatest but came to us despite relegation and has done OK plus always a goal threat at our corners (at least under the previous manager). There’s so much depending on the outcome of the legal stuff over the next few months - a Sliding Doors moment as others have previously said, but if it’s the doomsday outcome, he’s the type of player we will need when it all goes to shît.

Let's be honest... we have 2 decent keepers.... 2 or 3 half decent defenders... miggy, the saint and Wilson...

Fraser might come good...

But...

We are generally shockingly low on quality and any we have us neutralised by Mrs doubtfire and her jurassic tactics....

After todays news we need to get rid of Dummett as well he is a permacrock and not even that good.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Let's be honest... we have 2 decent keepers.... 2 or 3 half decent defenders... miggy, the saint and Wilson...

Fraser might come good...

But...

We are generally shockingly low on quality and any we have us neutralised by Mrs doubtfire and her jurassic tactics....
    Aye, Mick...any talent we do have is stifled by Doubtfire;s appalling tactics. He's lucky the fans aren't allowed in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)