+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ginger jack

Ginger jack

Rafas told him he's not in the 25 man squad and to find another team....
    Thank F for that

Name:  6f6a41a9fa139cdad56ed80fc553b5972a8ed285034a7d0a681d1dba7fdd5c9a.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  67.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    Rafas told him he's not in the 25 man squad and to find another team....
    Thank F for that
    I wonder if they would welcome him back down the road. Although a lot would call him a traitor he's probably better than most they have still on the books and he'd be relatively cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I wonder if they would welcome him back down the road. Although a lot would call him a traitor he's probably better than most they have still on the books and he'd be relatively cheap.
    They probably would as he would walk into their team only problem being they probably couldn't afford him.

I have a feeling that Middlesbrough will be his destination.
    Wherever he goes I wish him all the best.
    He tried for us at the very least and he done a lot of the dirty work. It's just a shame he didn't have much else to offer to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    He tried for us at the very least and he done a lot of the dirty work. It's just a shame he didn't have much else to offer to go with it.
    How come Ghost? Did you read something or do you have a hunch? I'd say it's rare that a player goes on to represent all three big North East clubs in his career, but it's not a bad shout when it comes to Jackie.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Aye they seem to be splashing the cash and it's close to home for Colback

No doubt that a Championship side will be looking for a player like him. Wish him all the best, can't fault him for his effort.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    How come Ghost? Did you read something or do you have a hunch? I'd say it's rare that a player goes on to represent all three big North East clubs in his career, but it's not a bad shout when it comes to Jackie.
    A hunch basically. I just have a feeling that they need a bit of bite and a bit of instant blend in, which being the north east will be almost effortlessly for Jack and Boro alike.
    The stumbling blocks could be wages and/or the drop down again.

The issue is when we got him from Sunderland and West ham had offered him £50,000 a week. He turned it down or us and cited being a Newcastle fan...but....was he just citing that as his main reason or was it that he didn't want to up sticks?

Whichever way it's looked at, he's got to be on 35 to 40 grand a week for us, so Boro would have to at least offer around the 30 grand mark, I would think...and maybe a decent length of contract for him to actually give up his final 2 years at the rate he's on.

I reckon 5 million should secure his services for any budding buyers and I think Boro would be more than happy to actually broker that deal.

All absolute speculation from me with no real back up for my stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Davearmy View Post
    Aye they seem to be splashing the cash and it's close to home for Colback
    Yep, it would probably be a good deal for all, as I can't see him going back to Sunderland.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)