+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FAO the punters on this board.

You didn’t make that point at all and if you care to have a look, you’ll see that many managers have lasted only a few days in the job. Not such a ridiculous question after all.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That's my point there won't be any odds available. It's such a non-punter question.
    I think it was a hypothetical rather than serious question, I'm pretty sure FL knew there would be no odds.

Just a reminder, 5 days into the job.

That's 5 days.
    It is just 5 days, but it's hard to imagine a more disastrous 5 days given the two games he had.

I try not to do the knee-jerk thing, so I'll still view it as a very steep learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    You didn’t make that point at all and if you care to have a look, you’ll see that many managers have lasted only a few days in the job. Not such a ridiculous question after all.
    I must certainly did by stating it was a ridiculous question. You won't even get offered odds that he won't make the end of the season let alone still be manager.

Many managers? Needs a rethink.

Now where is this irony you spoke of?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think it was a hypothetical rather than serious question, I'm pretty sure FL knew there would be no odds.

It is just 5 days, but it's hard to imagine a more disastrous 5 days given the two games he had.

I try not to do the knee-jerk thing, so I'll still view it as a very steep learning curve.
    I'm not sure so as a non-punter.

It's an awful start no doubt but it's less than a week. It's two games, it's a few training sessions.

Spotlight should be on the players not the manager. Even NCM isn't that insane.

....Even NCM isn't that insane.
    Want to bet? [irony]

The owners of this board will never be prosecuted under the Trade Descriptions Act, that's for sure!

MAD to the point of spontaneous combustion!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Want to bet? [irony]
    Boom!

Now that is ironic.

Bravo Swale

I must certainly did by stating it was a ridiculous question. You won't even get offered odds that he won't make the end of the season let alone still be manager.

Many managers? Needs a rethink.

Now where is this irony you spoke of?

Many .....

Todd 17 games
    Berg 10 games
    Bruce 8
    Shearer 8
    Clough 7
    Reed 7
    McCleish 7
    Gazza 6
    Coppell 6
    Hart 5
    Adams 3
    Ling 0
    Bassett 0

Shall I go on?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    IB won't get any of the blame, whatever happens, why should he?

He didn't recruit these players. What is happening now is just a continuation of the poor form we had before, only without the luck we were having.
    We'd lost 2 matches this year under Ardley. I'm going to stick my head above the parapet and say, bearing in mind how sh*t we have been over many years, that doesn't constitute poor form (although the actual performances may have been poor). I hope the sacking, and in particular the timing of it, doesn't come back to bite us on the bum, but really fear it will.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Many .....

Todd 17 games
    Berg 10 games
    Bruce 8
    Shearer 8
    Clough 7
    Reed 7
    McCleish 7
    Gazza 6
    Coppell 6
    Hart 5
    Adams 3
    Ling 0
    Bassett 0

Shall I go on?
    Don’t forget the Leroy Rosenior, you can’t miss that classic, literally minutes in the job.

Good research, looks an impressive list until you think it about it proportionally.

No need to go on, or continue your search for irony.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast