+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kompany off to Bayern?

Kompany off to Bayern?

Alfie casually dropped the bombshell in a thread.

It is however official, Bayern have expressed an interest in the Burnley manager.

Are they mad? SKY Germany also calling it.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2024/0...ncent-kompany/

It appears that rolling stone is starting to gather Moss now and a few well respected journos on twitter are pushing the Bayern link.
    Personally I'd be gutted to lose him as long term I'm convinced he'd take us forward and Bayern will be looking at his long term potential I'd think.
    If he does go , I couldn't blame him as its hard to turn down a massive club like Bayern if they come calling.
    If we were looking for a replacement, I'm not so keen on older established managers like Moyes , I'd rather take a chance again on an up coming manager with a high stock and pulling power such as VK , Arteta or Alonso type.
    Although it's all still rumour at this point. UTC

Quote Originally Posted by Andingle01 View Post
    It appears that rolling stone is starting to gather Moss now and a few well respected journos on twitter are pushing the Bayern link.
    Personally I'd be gutted to lose him as long term I'm convinced he'd take us forward and Bayern will be looking at his long term potential I'd think.
    If he does go , I couldn't blame him as its hard to turn down a massive club like Bayern if they come calling.
    If we were looking for a replacement, I'm not so keen on older established managers like Moyes , I'd rather take a chance again on an up coming manager with a high stock and pulling power such as VK , Arteta or Alonso type.
    Although it's all still rumour at this point. UTC
    One of the well respected journos stated yesterday that it would be a one year contract as Alonso is taking over next season
    Just shows how daft things have become

I'd rather take a chance again on an up coming manager with a high stock and pulling power such as VK , Arteta or Alonso type.
    So would I, but who would be on the shortlist, an up coming manager with high stock and pulling power means a big name ex-player already doing a decent job somewhere, and off hand I can only think of Wayne Rooney and John Terry and neither really fits the bill. Have you anyone specific in mind ?

I have. Mark Robins.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I have. Mark Robins.
    Nothing against him mon ami, but he hardly fits Dingle's bill does he, he's hardly upcoming, he's been managing since 2007, and with next to zero pulling power.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    So would I, but who would be on the shortlist, an up coming manager with high stock and pulling power means a big name ex-player already doing a decent job somewhere, and off hand I can only think of Wayne Rooney and John Terry and neither really fits the bill. Have you anyone specific in mind ?
    Nobody immediately springs to mind but one's I like the look of such as Mark Van Bommell (Royal Antwerp) Will Still (Reims) & Pimienta (Las Palmas) I'm not sure would be tempted to the Championship although that said , VK was tempted 🤷*♂️.
    I was suprised Hull.City let Rosenior go as he impressed me and I wouldn't be adverse to him coming in , also Carrick but he ain't going to leave Boro for us.
    Maybe a number 2 somewhere could be ready to go solo?

Nobody immediately springs to mind but one's I like the look of such as Mark Van Bommell (Royal Antwerp) Will Still (Reims) & Pimienta (Las Palmas) I'm not sure would be tempted to the Championship although that said , VK was tempted ��*♂️.
    I was suprised Hull.City let Rosenior go as he impressed me and I wouldn't be adverse to him coming in , also Carrick but he ain't going to leave Boro for us.
    Maybe a number 2 somewhere could be ready to go solo?
    Your knowledge of European football is obviously more extensive than mine, I have no idea who the upcoming managers are over there, but there's no reason Mr Pace wouldn't be looking in that direction. Rosenior is a good shout, I'd be happy for him to get the job, but it's all speculation, as you say it's no more than a rumour for the moment. For what it's worth, which is not much I admit, I think Vinni will still be here next season. I hope so anyway.
    Last edited by sinkov; 21-05-2024 at 09:34 AM.

Barcelona, Bayern or Burnley? Stan will be laughing his cock off!

It seems something is happening .
    Appears the Physio is going to a Newly promoted Premierleague club , Goalkeeper coach going back to the Netherlands to join a Top big 5 club , a fitness coach going and another very prominent member of the coaching staff set to leave 🤔

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)