+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith v Queens

Raith v Queens

Very important game for us when really only a win will do for us.
    We have not been playing well for weeks not confident that we can get anything at Raith or Dumbarton still time will tell.
    Need to make changes for Tuesday night.
    Get Kerr back in and start with Lyle Russell and Holt.
    Give a start to Kidd as well
    Clark
    Mitchell Durnan Higgians Holt
    Kidd Kerr Burns Russell
    Lyle Reilly.

re: Raith v Queens

Really have no idea why McIntyre would play Higgins over Holt at left back. This is not a dig at Higgins who has been a very good player for us and is decent with ball at feet . Holt is a better left back than Higgins in the same way that Higgins is a better centre half than Holt . We missed Holt's thrusts down the left side . The manager has more belief in McHugh than me also.

A big improvement on yesterday's form is needed if we are to stay in the play-off positions. Dumbarton are hanging on our coat-tails making the outcome of next Saturday's game even more important. Picking up three points at Raith would certainly ease the tension going into that game.
    Like others I was impressed by Kidd when he came on V Falkirk and may be worth a start on Tuesday. Think I would also pair Lyle and Reilly up front for a bit more dig. Holt must be well in the running for Young Player of the Year, strange that the Manager has opted to instal Higgins in his position.
    Let's hope that Lee Robinson is well treated by the QoS fans but given a hard time by our players.

Quote Originally Posted by Northfield53
    Very important game for us when really only a win will do for us.
    We have not been playing well for weeks not confident that we can get anything at Raith or Dumbarton still time will tell.
    Need to make changes for Tuesday night.
    Get Kerr back in and start with Lyle Russell and Holt.
    Give a start to Kidd as well
    Clark
    Mitchell Durnan Higgians Holt
    Kidd Kerr Burns Russell
    Lyle Reilly.

And breath

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG
    Really have no idea why McIntyre would play Higgins over Holt at left back.
    The only theory I can think off is that he is trying to make space for Andy Dowie who should only really be a decent back up guy. He plays decent most of the time, but every so often has a right howler!

Barring injury, illness, suspension, or a collapse in form over a fair number of games, I think our back 4 should never change from:
    Mitchell, Durnan, Higgins, Holt.

I also think that Lewis Kidd should be given some more game time.

Watched the highlights of the Raith game from Sat, and their defence looked well dodgy, even before Hill got sent off. They certainly didn't like the Dumbarton players running at them with the ball.Hill will be suspended and he will be missed by them because he's a solid centre half.
    Hope the manager freshens the team up a bit because Saturdays starting line didn't work.
    Mc Hugh was ineffective and Paton didn't look fit. I like most fans would like to see Russell,Holt and Lyle back because they are three of our best creative players.Up the Queens!

A big game and a chance to get saturday's game out of their system where few were at the top of their game.
    It's never easy away but Raith is not the worst venue to be visiting at the moment and Hill is a big player for them.
    I can't disagree with Holt being a miss at left back.Higgins is a trier but we had little going down the left in the second half especially when we moved Russell inside despite his early threat including the red card.
    I would love to see someone from midfield get beyond the forwards in games.McKenna and McShane were very flat on Saturday and Paton again never showed the talent he has.Burns will make runs but we need more from the midfield.
    These players have shown great effort in the last few months and will need to show it again.
    Come on Queens.

Was impressed with Lewis Kidd when he eventually made his Queens debut on Saturday . I'd start him tomorrow night against Raith

Hope the players get to Kirkcaldy in good time. I was about to leave my house in Embra for the game but am now unable to go. There are 2 hour delays northbround on the bridge after a diesel spill at 1pm today.

Kick off delayed til 8.15 because of those traffic problems.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)