+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gary Brooker RIP

Gary Brooker RIP

We’ll respected musician, big loss to the world of music. Played alongside a lot of big names, but will definitely be remembered for Procul Harum’s big hit “ A Whiter Shade Of Pale”. However ,there was much more to him and his band ,than just the one massive hit. You gave a lot of pleasure to a lot of people. We’ll miss you.

Procal harum were one those bands in the early 70's that I and others liked but were never a cult band. A whiter shade of pale was of course a classic though the first time I heard it I thought it was about knights wearing satin over their armour, naïve young blade that I was.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    ..... but were never a cult band. A whiter shade of pale was of course a classic....
    interesting choice of words - Kriti .

...have a cigar.

---

also passed - Mark Lanegan - 57yrs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAvWG8aqK0M

'A white shade of pale.' That was a great song to do your 'snogging' too. I even remember 'snogging' to it at a place above Burtons in Blackburn. Can't remember of course who the young ladies could have been! BT take note , clue, ''So many!''

I was never a great fan of Procol Harum. A great voice and some great music. Sad to see another one from my “formative years” go. The list of musicians from the great bands of the 60’s and 70’s that have died continues to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    'A white shade of pale.' That was a great song to do your 'snogging' too. I even remember 'snogging' to it at a place above Burtons in Blackburn. Can't remember of course who the young ladies could have been! BT take note , clue, ''So many!''
    Young lady. "Balan, am I the first girl you've ever made love to?"
    Balan "You could be, your face looks familiar."

It changes all the time, but I think if I had to sit down, think and compile a definitive list of my all time favourites, Whiter Shade of Pale would be at Number One.

RIP Gary.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)