+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday

I’m so excited! I know I won’t sleep tonight…..Can’t wait to get into ground.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I’m so excited! I know I won’t sleep tonight…..Can’t wait to get into ground.
    Enjoy Perky, hope we get the result we all want.

It will be a 3am kick off local time for me so aiming to get an early sleep!

Without wanting to be negative we lose tonight and Plymouth win at Accrington I think we are done for the top two .

Absolutely no margin for error unfortunately .

That said we are having a far better season than many of us thought we would with a play off place almost guaranteed , we'd really have to fall off a cliff to throw that away .

Doing the double over that lot and keeping this incredible run going would be tremendous of course but it won't be the end of the world either if it doesn't happen as disappointing as it will be .

Given the unbeaten records of both teams, TV coverage, big crowd, league positions/ possibilities, derby game etc I suggest a 1-1 draw is nailed on. Often the case in these situations leaving thoughts of "nothing decided, move on".

On the other hand----

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Given the unbeaten records of both teams, TV coverage, big crowd, league positions/ possibilities, derby game etc I suggest a 1-1 draw is nailed on. Often the case in these situations leaving thoughts of "nothing decided, move on".

On the other hand----
    Got to play the game tonight and not the occasion and not get caught up with the emotion of it .

One or two of our players do worry me when it comes to games of this nature , Luca and Kitching definitely possibly Norwood too .

The ref tonight is the one who sent Kitching off down at Cambridge earlier in the season so there is a bit of history there .

Won a lot of tight games have Wendy this season , resilient and uncompromising and know how to get it done as you'd expect from a side who have only lost three games all season .

Wendy aren't going to give a reight lot away and they most definitely aren't going to be playing out from the back like they did at Hillsborough which played right in to our hands that day .

Intriguing night to say the least .

Seems there’s a lot of anxious people on here.
    Me included.
    Does it really matter if we don’t get automatic promotion - because just getting into the playoffs after last season’s horrors has been an incredible turnaround.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Got to play the game tonight and not the occasion and not get caught up with the emotion of it .

One or two of our players do worry me when it comes to games of this nature , Luca and Kitching definitely possibly Norwood too .

The ref tonight is the one who sent Kitching off down at Cambridge earlier in the season so there is a bit of history there .

Won a lot of tight games have Wendy this season , resilient and uncompromising and know how to get it done as you'd expect from a side who have only lost three games all season .

Wendy aren't going to give a reight lot away and they most definitely aren't going to be playing out from the back like they did at Hillsborough which played right in to our hands that day .

Intriguing night to say the least .
    Was just thinking the same thoughts as regards discipline. We MUST keep 11 on the field

Sheffield windass is injured thats a big plus

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Me included.
    Does it really matter if we don’t get automatic promotion - because just getting into the playoffs after last season’s horrors has been an incredible turnaround.
    Either automatic promotion (as under Stendel) or winning the Play Offs (as under Heckingbottom) are essential this season or their will be significant problems with finances, coach leadership and squad quality next season.

#Promotion SB

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Me included.
    No Nudge it doesn’t but it’s there for the taking and I’m sure Duff knows that.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast