+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite Burnsley shirt/kit

Your favourite Burnsley shirt/kit

Hey up lads, heres a look at the Burnsley kits over the last 20 years. So Id like to know which are your most favourites or least favourites as well ehh lol, both home and away.

https://www.colours-of-football.com/...burnley_1.html

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey up lads, heres a look at the Burnsley kits over the last 20 years. So Id like to know which are your most favourites or least favourites as well ehh lol, both home and away.

https://www.colours-of-football.com/...burnley_1.html
    2001 and 2010 home

2011 and 2015 Away.

Got to be honest mate I have never liked the shirts jammed full of adverts, I rather like this one...

Attachment 22330

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Got to be honest mate I have never liked the shirts jammed full of adverts, I rather like this one...

Attachment 22330
    Too true BT, the shirts with no adverts were far better, especially when worn by the team in your photograph, best Burnley team I have ever seen play.

You can add me to the 1959/60 shirt and sentiments about that team. My 7th season as a Clarets supporter and League Champions ----very happy days!

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    Too true BT, the shirts with no adverts were far better, especially when worn by the team in your photograph, best Burnley team I have ever seen play.
    Never one better IMHO V_C. Me and my grandad went to Highbury on the train in around 1962 which was quite an adventure in those days, and we won at a canter 3-0.

We just expected to get results like that, we were so good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Attachment 22330
    So do I. I also like the long sleeved versions of the plain Claret one, plus the long sleeved white one at the same time in the seventies.

Its good to see more and more fans these days, prefer the shirts/kits to be simple, and with little or no advertising and sponsors. 😃

Great team and a classic strip. Who is the player sat next to Brian Pilkington and in front of John Angus? Meredith?

I love the old stadium behind them. I remember standing on the Beehole End. I stood there when Burnley fielded a second string at Chelsea and we came back from 4-0 down to draw 4-4. The club was fined for fielding a weakened side. Those were the days!

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    Great team and a classic strip. Who is the player sat next to Brian Pilkington and in front of John Angus? Meredith?

I love the old stadium behind them. I remember standing on the Beehole End. I stood there when Burnley fielded a second string at Chelsea and we came back from 4-0 down to draw 4-4. The club was fined for fielding a weakened side. Those were the days!
    It is Trevor Meredith Swiss, and by co-incidence I was on the Bee Hole End as well when our stiffs drew 4-4 with Chelsea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)