+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Continued failure to recruit sufficient numbers cruelly exposed

Continued failure to recruit sufficient numbers cruelly exposed

The clubs continuing failure to recruit correctly in terms of quality and numbers needs addressing, the inclusion of fringe players and kids and just 2 injuries in the last couple of games has led to 7 goals against and none scored. If AM believes his recruitment is done he needs to think again, the signing of 9 first year pros and giving them squad numbers is not first team recruitment with the exception of Williams the remaining 8 need at least a season playing mens football at a lower level , this gives an inflated look to first team numbers and means the board think they don’t need to correctly invest, the continued faith in players who have proven time and time again that they are not up to it is also bizarre 3 that spring to mind, it might sound stupid and to some on the forum it probably is but I think even I have been proven wrong I thought we needed 4 or 5 more in reality that probably needs to be 7 or 8 !!! Time Charles to prove that our budget is competitive a busy couple of weeks getting the likes of BSD, Griffiths and Finney out and the 7 first year pros out and 7 or 8 more in. I am not mad it is simple business fail to prepare prepare to fail huge recruitment needed.

The Chairman has just said the club has lost 2m pounds since we were relegated and the Board Members are picking up the tab now as a result and so its difficult to see how we can afford to sign anyone decent tbh. Its too early to say but they may just be glad if we can tread water in L2 until some of these graduates can produce the goods. ie providing they will sign contract extensions which is no guarantee....But he does need to get rid of players that are clearly not good enough and sorry Board but this club cannot afford to have three managers when one was always more than enough 50 years ago. How much please do these cost to keep on eg 150 grand?...Yes all clubs have them but they don't need em...Football is no better than it used to be in fact its worse in some respects..
    Last edited by MikeSB; 13-08-2022 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    The Chairman has just said the club has lost 2m pounds since we were relegated and the Board Members are picking up the tab now as a result and so its difficult to see how we can afford to sign anyone decent tbh. Its too early to say but they may just be glad if we can tread water in L2 until some of these graduates can produce the goods. ie providing they will sign contract extensions which is no guarantee....But he does need to get rid of players that are clearly not good enough and sorry Board but this club cannot afford to have three managers when one was always more than enough 50 years ago. How much please do these cost to keep on eg 150 grand?...Yes all clubs have them but they don't need em...Football is no better than it used to be in fact its worse in some respects..

The club was relegated due to the utter failings of the board to recruit and to sack Dave Artell much earlier the 2million pound loss is of their own makings and they should cover that plus more to improve the first team. The club could have survived in what was a relatively poor league 1 last year if they had an ounce of ambition about them. They are not learning they are just continuing along the same line of academy first first team a very long last.

Not sure it was a poor League 1 last year, not with the amount of money and size of squads available.
    However, alarm bells are ringing slightly after conceding 7 in 2. Hopefully the red card had a disproportionate impact on Saturday's results and things will settle down soon. Think it'll be mid-September before we get a real idea how the season is likely to pan out.

What happened to the more reasonable, happy Wartman?

It's far too early to judge how the season is going to go.

Grimsby, the manager got it wrong...too many changes, but he puts his hand up for that.
    Saturday, we're down to 10 men, relatively early on, on a terribly hot day. We can't make long term judgements on that.

Who are you to say the board should be putting their hands in their pockets??
    You're not even a decent supporter, first sign of trouble...you're off on one of your tantrums again.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post

Grimsby, the manager got it wrong...too many changes, but he puts his hand up for that.
    Saturday, we're down to 10 men, relatively early on, on a terribly hot day. We can't make long term judgements on that.

You're not even a decent supporter, first sign of trouble...you're off on one of your tantrums again.
    The BoD have covered the 2m loss from relegation but I didn't think the FA/PL fees were that big between L1 and L2 and about 300K? That loss cannot be sustained and cuts will need to be made to the academy and the management staff as rediculous having three or four managers at games now. What if they all have a different opinion? It can only sow doubt in the managers mind imo...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    The BoD have covered the 2m loss from relegation but I didn't think the FA/PL fees were that big between L1 and L2 and about 300K? That loss cannot be sustained and cuts will need to be made to the academy and the management staff as rediculous having three or four managers at games now. What if they all have a different opinion? It can only sow doubt in the managers mind imo...
    Well that’s twice so far you’ve repeated yourself about managers in this thread. Going to go for the hat trick, with a bit of J
    G thrown in?
    It gets boring Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Well that’s twice so far you’ve repeated yourself about managers in this thread. Going to go for the hat trick, with a bit of J
    G thrown in?
    It gets boring Mike.
    In the highlights I saw THREE of our managers (and no doubt more in the stand) on the line and we cannot afford to buy decent players? and we are losing 2m pounds from last season? Why was KL sacked from his asst manager job of DA? I think our BoD have work to do and quick...I would swap a a manager for a player anyday and I suggest so would ManU..

That is my hat trick! JG would agree 100% with me LOL...Put the managers in the team and save some money!
    Last edited by MikeSB; 14-08-2022 at 06:52 PM.

I should add That I heard that we scored from a couple of set pieces due to KL and LB introducing summat different at RH training...Sounds great and OK?

Well it does but when I was playing for our local amateur club we players decided how we took free kickes and corners and who was going to head or kick the ball....and not a coach in sight and nothing to pay out in money...Meanwhile we pay possibly 100K pa for the same service at CAFC. I mean what IS a first team developing manager that we never needed ever in the Dario era or before actually...

We need to know, players wages, non players wages and the cost of RH to the club and then we may make some progress. The Chairman knows all that and presumably happy to continue with it...

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post

What constitutes a decent supporter ? I don’t consider the above to be anything like a tantrum, I am merely pointing out that the club has not recruited sufficiently enough to withstand injuries and suspensions and that the fringe players are either not ready or not good enough and to consider any of these in your first team plans is reckless. In the last 2 games we have seen fringe players included and injuries (albeit only 2) but that has resulted in a complete collapse in team form so if pointing this out makes me not a decent supporter then I am guilty as charged, but Spartan if you believe the club has recruited sufficiently enough and the the fringe players are good enough then you must be a decent supporter !!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast