+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team For Friday

Team For Friday

In my opinion it needs to be different as can’t see us winning with Saturday’s team so need to gamble.

Do you gamble on bringing back Swift for Grady and Maja for Asante or even Weiman? For me - would definitely bring in a natural striker like Maja or Weiman!

Any thought as whatever we do we need to go on the attack! Missing easy chances will be the end of us!

We do need to score first in my opinion!

It’ll be the same first 11 whatever we think.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’ll be the same first 11 whatever we think.

You’re not wrong there and if as expected we are losing three or four subs will come on.

Rather go for it and take the game to them as opposed to chasing the game and start with a natural striker. Definitely need the pace of Fellows over Wallace too!

If Asante starts and misses a sitter again - I give up!!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    In my opinion it needs to be different as can’t see us winning with Saturday’s team so need to gamble.

Do you gamble on bringing back Swift for Grady and Maja for Asante or even Weiman? For me - would definitely bring in a natural striker like Maja or Weiman!

Any thought as whatever we do we need to go on the attack! Missing easy chances will be the end of us!

We do need to score first in my opinion!
    Maja’s not an option apparently. Not up to the match fitness levels. I think Weimann has been good but won’t keep the Southampton defence occupied as much as Asante. Corberan will know who to pick after watching them in training this week. He’ll obviously want players who are mentally “up for it” something we don’t have the privilege of seeing. We need to keep the Southampton fans quiet from the off but as you rightly say we do need to have a threat at the other end.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Maja’s not an option apparently. Not up to the match fitness levels. I think Weimann has been good but won’t keep the Southampton defence occupied as much as Asante. Corberan will know who to pick after watching them in training this week. He’ll obviously want players who are mentally “up for it” something we don’t have the privilege of seeing. We need to keep the Southampton fans quiet from the off but as you rightly say we do need to have a threat at the other end.

Agree especially your last sentence!

Injuries apart, I would start with the same XI - however I would look to see earlier usage of substitutes in case of need. Certainly Maja and/or Weiman, rather than Wallace would change their defensive requirements.
    Clearly any goals will dictate CC’s tactics.
    As with the 1st leg, I’m sure we will see the same commitment from whoever plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Injuries apart, I would start with the same XI - however I would look to see earlier usage of substitutes in case of need. Certainly Maja and/or Weiman, rather than Wallace would change their defensive requirements.
    Clearly any goals will dictate CC’s tactics.
    As with the 1st leg, I’m sure we will see the same commitment from whoever plays.
    The longer it goes on goalless the more edgy and frustrated their expectant fans will get. I’m cautiously optimistic we can get a goal on the break. Might be time for a bit of Mikey Johnston magic or another Furlong goal, who knows? I’ve noticed that Furlong has been finding space because they don’t expect a full back to be in the box looking for a goal.

Just as long as Phillips, M’Vila, Chalobah and Wallace are nowhere in the starting X1 I’ll be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Just as long as Phillips, M’Vila, Chalobah and Wallace are nowhere in the starting X1 I’ll be happy

I agree but you have forgotten Townsend!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I agree but you have forgotten Townsend!
    Ah, so I did, easily forgotten along with one or two others that hopefully won’t be here come the summer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)