+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So to the last day

Well, this is the opportunity for the players and Wayne to show they've got what it takes. It's in their own hands, they can't ask for more! No excuses, win and we stay up with no need to rely on the failings on others!
    Can they do it? Six losses on the bounce says very unlikely and, if Bannan plays, then no! He's the one bit of class we ain't got!
    1-2 defeat!

D
    Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Well, this is the opportunity for the players and Wayne to show they've got what it takes. It's in their own hands, they can't ask for more! No excuses, win and we stay up with no need to rely on the failings on others!
    Can they do it? Six losses on the bounce says very unlikely and, if Bannan plays, then no! He's the one bit of class we ain't got!
    1-2 defeat!
    We’ve beaten Bannan inspired sides before mac and we have to again...or at the least draw and hope Rotherham can’t better us at Cardiff. As you say...in our hands at last...time to ‘man up’ and show some fight...just not of the early red card variety.
    Reckon it’ll be the last time we see a few representing DCFC...Clarke, Forsyth (?), Waghorn, and all of the Rooney signings...along with Rooney himself, and most of the coaches, if we go down.

I don't know about Rooney? Is he bullet proof, 21/2 year deal and all that? I don't see him resigning or MM sacking him so I suppose the takeover and which ladder of the pyramid we're on will decide his fate! As you say, whatever happens a lot of changes to come, still it'll keep us amused whilst we watch a bit of leather on willow!

Mel won't sack him as he can't afford to, he'd much rather leave that to the new owner who despite has said he's backing Rooney I think he'll have ideas for someone else, that said the new owner is not guaranteed to pass the EFL test yet and it wouldn't surprise me if that's what the EFL want, no new owners, possible relegation, Rooney still in charge, Mel still needing to prop us up, the appeal still hanging over us, what's the betting if we survive the last day the EFL announce a 3 point deduction, you can almost imagine it

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Mel won't sack him as he can't afford to, he'd much rather leave that to the new owner who despite has said he's backing Rooney I think he'll have ideas for someone else, that said the new owner is not guaranteed to pass the EFL test yet and it wouldn't surprise me if that's what the EFL want, no new owners, possible relegation, Rooney still in charge, Mel still needing to prop us up, the appeal still hanging over us, what's the betting if we survive the last day the EFL announce a 3 point deduction, you can almost imagine it
    Thanks for your positivity

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Thanks for your positivity
    Lol...made my day that Stenson. You really know how to cheer people up.

You will survive.
    I told you Rov'rum had too many games.
    They will lose again. Think your game has draw written all over it.
    Could get bloody though.

The appeals panel have already decided the punishment, the EFL are just waiting to see which league we're going to be in and not waste their 'free shot', if we survive they'll relegate us with a silly 5 point deduction, if we get relegated they hit us with an 18 point deduction, you watch

Draw for Rotherham, so its down to us, 1pt will be enough but will we manage it?

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    The appeals panel have already decided the punishment, the EFL are just waiting to see which league we're going to be in and not waste their 'free shot', if we survive they'll relegate us with a silly 5 point deduction, if we get relegated they hit us with an 18 point deduction, you watch
    No its worse than that, they are making us play next season with the same squad

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)