+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Klattenburg

Klattenburg

So the FA have rejected our appeal against the alleged racist Klattenburg. Hardly surprising as the incident on it's own merit was hardly worth pursuing. However, if the end result is the incompetent is kept away from officiating any of our future games then I'd say well done to the club for making a stand.

His bias against us in previous games is obvious to all so if nothing else he'll not be able to scupper any future games we're involved in.

In Cortese we trust

re: Klattenburg

Ha ha that's good

Good spelling too btw.
    You are Adam Lallana's dad and I claim my 5 pounds

Edit: what's up with the currency symbols?

Rather a big 'if' that he's kept away from your games, I see no reason for him to be on the back of this.

Far more likely you've annoyed him even more now and he's likely to stitch you up again.

Cortese (and you Weasel) has a lot to learn about these things. Very naive.

Seeing that it was the first time he hads refereed at Goodison for some time, after upsetting Everton,when he was allegedly biased towards Liverpool,and Everton had refused his officiating , it does bring into question his impartiality that afternoon. But the bigger picture is that after that alleged incident at Stamford Bridge, the Mike Riley promised more openness, and a recording of all conversations, this is yet to happen. Also when will the Referees be held for to account for some of the poor decisions they do make.All the clubs that sit from 7 to 20 would appreciate a level playing field with everybody else, and the same foul being punished in the same way. Mike Riley opened the can worms by making a public apology for Chelsea's last second penalty, with no mention of sanctions for the official. Currently Sian Massey it one of best officials as she applies the letter of the law evenly.

The same kind of naivety that saw Cortese replace Adkins with an unknown?

Oh yes, the multi millionaire NC is famed for his naivety

He seems to have made a career out of spending other people's money. Bit of a thief if you ask me.

So you're not embarrassed by the whole Lallana/Clattenburg affair then? I'm guessing not, unlike Lallana, you're unlikely to change!

Like I've already explained, this was never about Lallana, more an exercise in keeping Klattenburg away from officiating any more our games. A game well played by Cortese me thinks.

Interesting way of doing it then - make your skipper look like an immature **** and a target of nationwide ridicule.

Oh yeah, he's played a blinder with that strategy.

I'll allow you a few mins to have a rethink on this one.

It's only the likes of you that see it as an opportunity to ridicule the player. Most sensible people can see it was the clubs decision, not the players, to take this further.

Saints fans understand this, and if it keeps Klattenburg away from our games then it's been worth the effort.

Feel free to carry on laughing though, I'm sure Lallana won't lose any sleep with you or any other GLCT's comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyweasel
    Saints fans understand this, and if it keeps Klattenburg away from our games then it's been worth the effort..
    After a defeat to Chelsea, Fergie stuck the boot into Martin Atkinson who was then mysteriously overlooked from officiating United games for the next 10 months. Everton did the same with Clattenburg and the recent game against Saints was his first at Goodison in some 6 years.

If Saints' complaint produces similar results, then it will have been a game extremely well played.

And let's not forget, a disrepute charge may well have headed Pochettino's way had he launched public criticism at Clattenburg - no such outcome with an official complaint..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast