+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Weghorst +£5m

Weghorst +£5m

Things are looking up for BFC.Koeman brings Weghorst on in the last 10 minutes and he scores the winning goal.
    Pace will be laughing all the way to the bank.
    Funny how we could not score in the PL yet we had a goal scorer out on loan.

What happened to your boys CiB, second half before they woke up and started playing.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    What happened to your boys CiB, second half before they woke up and started playing.
    Yes it was very strange Sinkov.They improved in the second half and even introduced the Tank.I am not worried though as we only have to face Germany next.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Things are looking up for BFC.Koeman brings Weghorst on in the last 10 minutes and he scores the winning goal.
    Pace will be laughing all the way to the bank.
    Funny how we could not score in the PL yet we had a goal scorer out on loan.
    Out fan mentality was to boo him though CIB , ridiculously blaming him for our relegation last time around - where Dyche bought him as a 6ft 6 battering ram centre forward ( that he simply wasn’t - he was a intelligent footballer with good work ethic and great feet ) in fact the opposite of what he was bought for.

As you say ironic isn’t it - a forward out on loan who regularly gets 10-13 goals where he goes and we can’t score for toffee.

I’ve posted before that imo he did nothing wrong leaving to save his international career- but when we went up again he’d have played I’m sure ( last season ) if encouraged and not slagged off in pre season.

Sad isn’t it really.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Out fan mentality was to boo him though CIB , ridiculously blaming him for our relegation last time around - where Dyche bought him as a 6ft 6 battering ram centre forward ( that he simply wasn’t - he was a intelligent footballer with good work ethic and great feet ) in fact the opposite of what he was bought for.

As you say ironic isn’t it - a forward out on loan who regularly gets 10-13 goals where he goes and we can’t score for toffee.

I’ve posted before that imo he did nothing wrong leaving to save his international career- but when we went up again he’d have played I’m sure ( last season ) if encouraged and not slagged off in pre season.

Sad isn’t it really.
    He's a decent scoring record for Holland but even Koeman doesn't trust him, 81 minutes gone before he brought him on.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post

Sad isn’t it really.
    Funny thing is Army nobody knows who is his club team as he has hardly ever played for us LOL.I bet if you asked most people in Europe which team owns Weghorst they wouldn`t have a clue.
    Never mind let Mr Pace get the cashier bells ringing.Jing,jing.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    He's a decent scoring record for Holland but even Koeman doesn't trust him, 81 minutes gone before he brought him on.
    True Sinkov - but I’d guess internationally this is his last tournament - he doesn’t or hasn’t really had a home other than he seemed settled in Turkey.

My point really was we bought him to do a job he wasn’t capable of doing and then slated him for not scoring goals that saved us - I look at last seasons trials and tribulations where our forwards couldn’t score or were absent I’ll - injured or just too old.

And then after that would we have been a better team with him in it. - my answer is Yes.

He's on the bench again tonight, I thought he may have been given a start. No one likes him, no one likes him, but he don't care.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)