+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Could the club turn down offers for its two best players, maybe 250 grand and .......

Could the club turn down offers for its two best players, maybe 250 grand and .......

....... another 200 grand?

Such transfers out yielding 450 grand would undoubtedly be very unpopular. But the club's existence is in doubt and Philip Day (Purepay) obviously wants some of the loan re-paying pronto.

Offers for players, this is a joke right?

As per form of the horsemen in previous years selling our assets cheaply will continue, the trend will be the same...they never change..chance to gain promotion this season is there ...but in their heads it isnt.

Whilst I sympathise with that view it could well be that 1921 is dying, owing to the near certainty of it making a substantial loss this season with neither PD nor AJ paying it off. That's very likely to be a crucial problem. Also, PD (Purepay) is making no secret of the fact that he wants some repayment of the debt immediately.

It seems that I have to perpetually remind some folk on here (maybe not you) that The Charge attached to the debt is not just on Brunton Park. It is on all the 1921 assets including Brunton Park, fixtures, fittings, office equipment, plant, machinery, money in bank accounts. In short if 1921 owns it The Charge governs it.

It could well be that raising a substantial amount of money in January is crucially necessary.

Bury

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile_Perth View Post
    Bury
    Who 🤷 😎

On a serious note we have in recent years lost some good players in the January Transfer window..

Most recent ones I can remember..

Ollie Rathbone
    Jake Beesley (was our top scorer at the time)
    Fabian Tavares
    & off course, Luke Matheson for a reputed £1 mil…

Don’t think any will be bought this year as to be honest we are that dire would have problems giving players away 🤨

It’s what keeps the financial wheels turning & I know you have debts but it’s pretty certain you will be safe & in league 2 next season (& an outside chance of the playoffs)..

We on the other hand… no debts at all, own our own ground but are heading the way of the BIFFO’s & Scunny…

There must be an answer to the debt issue, I’m surprised no one has started crowd funding, our trust raised an impressive amount to fight off legal action..

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)