+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest Marcus Schopp interview on Radio Dee Dar Duck

Latest Marcus Schopp interview on Radio Dee Dar Duck

……. have I misunderstood what was being said here ???

On a few occasions he refers to the need to change playing style so young players can develop.
    That is to say - he didn’t say change style of play so games can be won - but said change style of play to improve individual players.

He very much sounded as though he was reading this from a script given to him and drilled into him by the owners.

Of course the owners will want the ability of players to improve - if a player improves then obviously that player will then attract a big bid from another club.

But Schopp needs to be very careful here - his main priority isn’t to improve the saleable value of individual players - his priority is to WIN GAMES.
    There’s a big difference between the two.
    Because if he doesn't win games then these owners will drop him like a sack of potatoes - no matter how well individual players have improved.

After listening to the interview I got the impression that the owners watched the games and enjoyed the success of last season - but they weren’t totally happy with it because the style of direct football didn’t put young players such as Styles, Brittain and Palmer in a good light i.e. in the shop window..

It wouldn’t surprise me to hear that when Schopp was interviewed there was more emphasis placed on playing a style that developed young players - other than actually winning games.

Is anyone else getting that impression when listening to Schopp’s interviews ???
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 20-08-2021 at 12:40 AM.

Hey Nudgey mate, that is one of the best things you have posted on here and I totally agree with you.

Its worrying actually as to whether this bloke Schopp is simply being lined up as another yes man, which Val clearly and obviously wasn't!.
    And that stuff about helping the young players develop angers me to be honest. Because while it might mean well and suggest more profit for the club etc, it gives out the wrong impression to us who want to see the team develop as a whole.
    And that means do well in the league and win games and maybe challenge for the Play offs again sometimes, rather than it being a relegation scrap every season.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey Nudgey mate, that is one of the best things you have posted on here and I totally agree with you.

Its worrying actually as to whether this bloke Schopp is simply being lined up as another yes man, which Val clearly and obviously wasn't!.
    And that stuff about helping the young players develop angers me to be honest. Because while it might mean well and suggest more profit for the club etc, it gives out the wrong impression to us who want to see the team develop as a whole.
    And that means do well in the league and win games and maybe challenge for the Play offs again sometimes, rather than it being a relegation scrap every season.
    If were in a relegation scrap yr on yr i would say the players aren't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    If were in a relegation scrap yr on yr i would say the players aren't good enough.
    Err can we have some subtitles please Rasca man, for those who do speak habla Ingles lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Err can we have some subtitles please Rasca man, for those who do speak habla Ingles lol.
    Yr equals year, my laziness,if we struggle all the time it'll be because the players aren't good enough although we were doing ok under val without morris or dee kay.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    Yr equals year, my laziness,if we struggle all the time it'll be because the players aren't good enough although we were doing ok under val without morris or dee kay.
    I knew what you meant Rasca mate, I was just being sarcy and daft and ridiculous, yet again.

Surely if the players improved under Schopp .

The results would reflect that .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Surely if the players improved under Schopp .

The results would reflect that .
    Not necessarily if he he hasn't got a scooby tactically. I thought we played great football under Stendel. It didn't stop us getting arse holed every week and him getting sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Not necessarily if he he hasn't got a scooby tactically. I thought we played great football under Stendel. It didn't stop us getting arse holed every week and him getting sacked.
    Don't forget that was the period when the football sage Conway announced BFC had just had the best transfer window in their history and he handed Stendel a dozen players with no Championship experience all at once.

# 21 Words

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Don't forget that was the period when the football sage Conway announced BFC had just had the best transfer window in their history and he handed Stendel a dozen players with no Championship experience all at once.

# 21 Words
    I must confess to having a bit of sympathy for Schopp. I think our current situation mirrors that of Stendel's. He's been brought in and hasn't had any say in recruitment and has been lumbered with ineffective signings and a growing injury list.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast