+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Stockport County 16.01.21 [FAT]

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    You do realise 1- 1 is drawing...
    As per swales comments earlier
    Just thought I'd help you both out...

I do indeed. However if you read the comments on a match day thread every time we are leading 1-0 and then concede to make it 1-1 you would think we were losing 1-1 rather than drawing 1-1.

It's a long running joke, as per Swale's comment at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    It would also help if you stopped going on about pitchforks etc.at every opportunity. And moaning at someone who cares to criticise Ardley and his tactics after a poor display.
    That's only used to highlight the real problem that you see before, during and after a game. It's reactionary. Once people get a handle of being able to post both negative and positive comments before and during the games the pitchfork comments will be redundant. I look forward to the day trust me, but we have a long long way to go. Small steps

Glad you've inadvertently highlighted the crux of the issue i961pie cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That's only used to highlight the real problem that you see before, during and after a game. It's reactionary. Once people get a handle of being able to post both negative and positive comments before and during the games the pitchfork comments will be redundant. I look forward to the day trust me, but we have a long long way to go. Small steps

Just ignore it, it is what fans do on all message boards.

I do indeed. However if you read the comments on a match day thread every time we are leading 1-0 and then concede to make it 1-1 you would think we were losing 1-1 rather than drawing 1-1.

It's a long running joke, as per Swale's comment at half time.
    I didn't realise you couldn't comment on a team performance unless they were losing.
    To remind you both a team can be playing badly even if they are winning or drawing,I believe that's possible but I'm sure one of you can confirm I'm mistaken.

i961 makes a good point.

Your views about people being fair in what they write about Notts and Ardley (valid point) gets lost when you portray yourself as the messiah who has descended on NCM to save us from ourselves, as if you get to decide who is allowed to criticise who, when, and how.

You have probably sparked more negative posts than anyone else, with your constant and sometimes comically absurd pro-Ardley line.

You and Elite arguing about who is funniest was like two bald men arguing over a comb.

Reactionary doesn't mean what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I didn't realise you couldn't comment on a team performance unless they were losing.
    To remind you both a team can be playing badly even if they are winning or drawing,I believe that's possible but I'm sure one of you can confirm I'm mistaken.
    Did anyone say they couldn't?

I know and have witnessed all the various combinations with my own eyes so I can assure you that you aren't mistaken.

Do you understand now why Swale said at half time losing 1-1? Just a bit of commentary on the commentary during the game that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    i961 makes a good point.

Your views about people being fair in what they write about Notts and Ardley (valid point) gets lost when you portray yourself as the messiah who has descended on NCM to save us from ourselves, as if you get to decide who is allowed to criticise who, when, and how.

You have probably sparked more negative posts than anyone else, with your constant and sometimes comically absurd pro-Ardley line.

You and Elite arguing about who is funniest was like two bald men arguing over a comb.

Reactionary doesn't mean what you think it means.
    Welcome driller as expected.

More huge leaps of faith on display. Never claimed to be the Messiah of anything, but even Ray Charles can see the levels of negativity on NCM are impressive to say the least. I want people to criticise, the players, management, club. When I used to attend AGMs at Notts as a shareholder I couldn't stand it when it was all nicey nicey stuff. The club needs to be held to account when things are bad.

What you are also allowed to do is praise , find the positives and give a more balanced view. NCM is far from balanced as it evident, and I'm not hoping for 50:50 or anywhere close but just a move in the right direction#noagenda.

Seeing as i rarely post on match threads during games cos either I'm busy watching the game or not watching it at all. I can't take responsibility for all the negatively during the games. Not me guvnor, so again wide of the mark with that one.

During petty arguments #127 with Elite, I never said I was funny or that it was a competition. But why let the truth get in the way eh? He suddenly claimed he was the funniest in NCM since some guy left, not much I could say to that.

As I said i prefer live comedy, NCM dad jokes and wordplay doesn't come close to the professionals in my eyes.

So that's leap of faith, inaccurate and something made up, that drillerpie bingo right there.

I'm hoping we can get away from the petty personal squabbles. Far less needless insults/nasty words as we saw yesterday and with the reaction car crash TV from Navy.
    Away from arguing over non football / non-Notts things and increase the positivity a touch. Not much but a little bit more balance wouldn't be a bad thing.

Whether we can achieve this only time will tell but the more people who try the better chance we have of making NCM less of a circus and more enjoyable for all.

Whether we can achieve this only time will tell but the more people who try the better chance we have of making NCM less of a circus and more enjoyable for all.
    You keep repeating these noble aims, but you do realise that if there was a competition to name the two posters who instigate and participate the most in arguments on here, you would definitely be one of them?

Is this a similar EP imaginary competition as the other ones? Is this how you decide you were the funniest person on NCM?

If I'm one of the two in your eyes who's the other one? Yourself? Navy? A surprise contender?

You are right it is a noble aim, it's probably an unrealistic aim also tbh as I have a strong feeling a fair few don't want it to change and love instigating arguments away from Notts County FC.

At the end of the day someone will only change if they want to change.

In my eyes less negativity, less hostility would be a good thing for NCM. Only my option obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You keep repeating these noble aims, but you do realise that if there was a competition to name the two posters who instigate and participate the most in arguments on here, you would definitely be one of them?
    CheltenhamPie being the other?

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast