+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Mickey Mellon

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Adam Asghar is in his late 20's. If he is anywhere near the manager's role it will STINK. I don't doubt he has the knowledge/ability/coaching badges etc, but come on, if he was the next Mourinho he wouldna be at Utd.

I can get why MM wouldn't want him in his coaching team though (if that is true)... basically your bosses son working with you... not ideal. Leave him where he is please.
    yup agree - no chance

Our no2 would become no1 and the youth guy would be no2 or 3.

Wouldnt be sorry to see MM go and also wouldn't be sorry to see TA go either, his position and involvement isnt the norm and im not sure many managers would be happy working under him and him picking signings

strange set up

If McInnes did come in with Docherty then TA would need to take a big step to the side

Although I understand your argument, I have the opposite opinion. Club is more like the club I recognise with a stronger identity and plan. Assets on the playing squad and in the academy. Mellon doing a decent job with hopefully more to come. TA has had a role in developing where we are now.

Hoping all the disquiet is just rumours. If not, worry we may shoot ourselves in the foot when we are actually onto a good thing.

something tells me this isnt just rumours, how real and how far dunno but we will see anyway. Mellon doing a decent job with results overall. Some real bad moments and some strange signings (are they his?). Most of all some sh!te football. Id rather have some massive fvcker up front to punt the ball up to but in all seriousness cant see anyone not putting it out anyway. So realistically with the players aye he has pass marks. entertainment - nil.

Would hope its not true but if its a mutual thing then we need to go for proven which is why McInnes or Robinson would be best if it does happen

However all this stuff is distracting, only matters if we are no longer in the cup come Sunday evening

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Would hope its not true but if its a mutual thing then we need to go for proven which is why McInnes or Robinson would be best if it does happen

However all this stuff is distracting, only matters if we are no longer in the cup come Sunday evening
    The problem is if Mellon an experienced manager cannot work with Big Tony then NO other manager of his ilk will want to either and we will end up with an untested manager,youth coaches out of their depth in the first team dugout and the inevitable relegation to follow(Bookmark).

If what i have heard is true i would much rather Tony and his son were packing their bags than Micky.Unfortunately for me and the future of the club that will not happen.

I don't see where the love for McIness comes from.

His budget whilst at Aberdeen was substantial and he got them to where they should be given the size of the club. Only won one cup though. So he's competent, but no more than that.

He wouldn't get anywhere near the budget he had up there if he was our manager.

I think he's dour. And, apart from a couple of decent early years during his tenure, his teams played dour football. Just ask the sheep.

We don't know what a Mellon team looks like, because he's not had the budget or time to build it yet. But I reckon he's the man for us.

He needs backed financially though.

Also, if Micky feels that he needs TA to back off a bit, then that is exactly what should happen.

We need a happy manager that knows the club will back him in every way possible to get a good team on the park.

All this background noise and speculation is not good news for anyone who want United to get back to being a steady top six side reaching/winning cup finals in 'good years but not dropping below 6th in the league in a 'bad' year.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Guessing it's Adam Ashgar, who's been at the club over 2 years and has the coaching badges
    Fans won't accept him coming in Ashgar has too much power at Utd and his son getting promoted to first team coach would be final nail for me

Quote Originally Posted by Arab59 View Post
    Fans won't accept him coming in Ashgar has too much power at Utd and his son getting promoted to first team coach would be final nail for me
    Its not that Tony wants his son as first team coach/manager.What i have heard is he is telling Mellon his son should move up from academy coach to the first team dugout and the manager has said he only wants his own guys he picks in there.

If this is true any manager coming in will have to accept the same terms so for anyone out there wanting McInnes you can forget it.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)