+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Retained List

Retained List

Well Wout Won't want Championship football as we well know. (A lot of W's there)

Someone has their work cut out at Burnley FC this summer. 12 players returning from loans, contract offers to Jay, Charlie, BPF and Josh, Tresor and Esteve made permanent, trying to make JBL and Assignon permanent. Add to them 19 other senior players under contract leaves us with 39 players on our books. I assume Wout will go and probably Mellon, Dodgson and Costelloe will be back out on loan. That still leaves us 35 players, meaning quite a few are going to have to be shipped out before we can make any new signings.

We look top heavy with mediocre players, best of luck to whoever is charged with sorting that lot out.

If VK slings his hook to Bavaria the Clarets are going to need a serious Wheeler Dealer to sort out our full over-inflated squad.

In the capacity of a trusted player Wheeler Dealer Harry Redknapp will be urgently required on a short term “sort it out” basis.
    We do not want to resurrect Harry’s football managerial career, just get him in to wheel and deal and sort this bloated under-performing squad out!

If I am reading the retained list correctly, we will be able to field a full second team that would in all probability win League 1, just out of returning loaned players.

Loanee list of players returning to Turf Moor.

Goalkeeper: Bailey Peacock-Farrell.
    Defenders: Connor Roberts, Luke McNally, C.J. Egan Riley, Owen Dodgson.
    Midfielders: Samuel Bastien, Darko Churlinov, Dara Costelloe, Scott Twine.
    Forwards: Anass Zaroury, Mellon the younger, Wout Weghorst, Michael Obafemi.

Please tell me this lot would not in all likelihood win League 1?

I am assuming we are going to try and sell Weghorst, McNally, Roberts, Egan Riley, Twine, Churlinov, Bastien & Obafemi, if so, we should rake in £20 million plus?

Additionally first team squad members Trafford, Ekdal, Beyer & Benson are rumoured to be unhappy and want away. How did we get ourselves into this mess?

Harry come and do a bit of business please?

Name:  Harry2.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  11.3 KB
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 22-05-2024 at 06:09 AM.

Even a 2nd hand car sales man couldn't shift some of this crap Kompany as saddled us with.

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    Even a 2nd hand car sales man couldn't shift some of this crap Kompany as saddled us with.
    I could!

Arthur Daley needed not Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Arthur Daley needed not Harry.
    I'd be on the dog and bone right now!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'd be on the dog and bone right now!
    We will need his negotiating skills to get rid of some of our duds :-

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I could!
    BT for manager. Can shift pudds faster than Arthur Daley can shift sh@ters

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)