+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Millers on sky or moved games

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    What a bloody joke this is, I definitely won’t be there

Swans trip moved following Sky Sports selection

Monday 27th February KO 8pm

https://t.co/prLinZ1H2Z
    ROTHERHAM United fans have been left frustrated after a forthcoming fixture was moved to a Monday night for television coverage.

The match against Swansea City, which was initially meant to be played on Saturday February 25, will now be played on Monday February 27 at 8pm and screened live on Sky Sports.

The news met with criticism online from Millers fans, many of whom had planned to spend a weekend in Swansea for the game.

One of those left frustrated was Liam Hall who tweeted that his birthday weekend away had been “ruined” by the fixture change.

Liam, aged 28, of Ashby Drive, Kiveton Park, said: “Away matches are a rare occurrence for me so this was one to look forward to.

“The weekend falls around my birthday and I had a weekend planned in Wales from Friday to Sunday. I have got to call the hotel and see if they will change. If we don’t go, we may have potentially lost out on the hotel deposit and the cost of the tickets.”

The move to a Monday night also scuppered Liam’s chances of a precious “child-free” weekend as he had arranged for grandparents to babysit.

The most surprising park of this story, is that we have a Rotherham fan from Kiveton Park, normally they follow a Sheffield team thinking that is where Kiveton is. Hopefully, he has booked a hotel in the correct Wales.

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...-mon_44277.htm

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    The most surprising park of this story, is that we have a Rotherham fan from Kiveton Park, normally they follow a Sheffield team thinking that is where Kiveton is. Hopefully, he has booked a hotel in the correct Wales.

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...-mon_44277.htm
    His family come from Dinnington area and have always supported the Millers
    Last edited by millertop; 31-01-2023 at 09:57 AM.

You can see why a lot of fans don't like Sky.

Why don't they choose their games earlier?

Reminder of moved games

Sheff Utd this Saturday is a 12:30 KO

Sunderland Tuesday 21st Feb KO 19:45

Swansea Monday 27th Feb KO 8pm

Final game of season Wigan Monday 8th May away 3pm

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    His family come from Dinnington area and have always supported the Millers
    I lived in Kiveton Park/Wales area for more than 25 years, and whilst it had a Sheffield (S26) post code the telephone was a Worksop (01909) exchange and I payed my council tax to Rotherham. I was in South Yorkshire but was close to Nottinghamshire, and if you follow the road left past wales bar and Rother Valley Country Park you reach Killamarsh at the top of the hill which is in Derbyshire.

There were many more Wednesday and United fans and even ran coaches to home games. There were a few Millers there but how many were born there I don’t know. I moved there before my first marriage being originally from Thorpe Hesley (on the Rotherham side)
    Regarding the Wales thing, my ex wife told me that during the night club days in the seventies, if ever someone chatted her up who she didn’t like, she always told them she came from Wales, so if like me, they had no idea that there was a Wales near Kiveton Park, they naturally assumed she meant Wales Wales. So when I turned up in Swansea on a Monday night I was surprised to find she wasn’t there!!

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    You can see why a lot of fans don't like Sky.

Why don't they choose their games earlier?
    Some times they have to add games to schedule when they realise they haven't shown a team a minimum number of times.
    Not saying that this is the case here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    I lived in Kiveton Park/Wales area for more than 25 years, and whilst it had a Sheffield (S26) post code the telephone was a Worksop (01909) exchange and I payed my council tax to Rotherham. I was in South Yorkshire but was close to Nottinghamshire, and if you follow the road left past wales bar and Rother Valley Country Park you reach Killamarsh at the top of the hill which is in Derbyshire.
    When you get to the borders its a bit confusing, like Lindrick Dale and Lindrick Golf, often referred to as Worksop due to a S81 postcode but are in Rotherham.

All S.yorks has a S postcode except Donny. The Donny postcode DN actually reaches the east coast, Grimsby area.

It's to whom you pay your Council tax to, and applying for planning permission, actually tell's you where you live(if you're not sure) or just thick.

West Brom Good Friday KO 1pm

Rearranged home v Cardiff Tues 25th April KO 7:45

Last game of season
    Away v Wigan moved because of Charlie, Monday 8th May KO 3pm

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast