+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Void

Void

I see Hull City are the latest team to want the season voided. Unsurprisingly they join the premiership sides like Norwich and Brighton plus I believe other bottom six teams teams that want the same. Lee bowyer has gone down in my estimation squealing like a baby at Charlton, Karen Brady at West ham right from the off saw a way her poor West ham side could avoid relegation, now Mark noble is on the same page. They all trot out the same line about how health and safety being their main concern, but their own gains are running at a close second, if health and safety Was their main concern they wouldn't care how the season finished or where they finished, stop the hypocrisy and be honest about it.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    I see Hull City are the latest team to want the season voided. Unsurprisingly they join the premiership sides like Norwich and Brighton plus I believe other bottom six teams teams that want the same. Lee bowyer has gone down in my estimation squealing like a baby at Charlton, Karen Brady at West ham right from the off saw a way her poor West ham side could avoid relegation, now Mark noble is on the same page. They all trot out the same line about how health and safety being their main concern, but their own gains are running at a close second, if health and safety Was their main concern they wouldn't care how the season finished or where they finished, stop the hypocrisy and be honest about it.
    Wrong, their own gains are by far and away their main concern, their protestations about health and safety are a pathetic smoke and mirrors exercise.

I'm no Liverpool fan, but I'd like to think that if Leeds were where Spam and others are, we'd have the decency to admit that Liverpool should be rewarded for a stellar season, rather than the whole thing being consigned to the bin.

I bet you'll find a very long queue of lawyers (legally social distanced with their advisors in tow) to back up their claim for 'em.

"Seagulls following the trawler" saying springs to mind.
    MOT

You will find a flock of lawyers following any ambulance, slip and fall, deformed baby birth, car crash, death etc. Anywhere they can make a quick buck they will. They and politicians are like a chancre to society.

of course, you won't find them anywhere that involves one of their own such as a crooked politician (oxymoron) or any case that actually involves injustice but doesn't have a high billing rate to it.

I am with you WTF. i'd like to think that we'd support a team that was a clearly dominant as lpool was this year in the prem. There are some people out there will ethics still and do the right thing rather than what just benefits them.

Ethics,morality and law appear to constantly evolve to suit circumstance whatever the litigating subject - swiftly moving on ............TV rights appear to drive on the football/entertainment industry via streaming of matches/shows culminating in large audiences spending around that product so ethics,morality and law pop up again with what is attached to the associated products via revenues.

For example within 24 hours of airing more than 71 million people had watched the premiere of the final season of Game of Thrones. More than 75% of them did so through a pirated stream or download. For reference, that’s 54 million people — around three million more than the population of S.Korea.Wow,that's a hell of lost revenue.

I won't comment on the airing of football as that again is an ethic,morality and law personal choice of how you wish to view,IMO.

Revenue losses obviously appear to be a contributor to litigate - can you blame 'em ?But there'll only be one winner in legal litigation win or lose or settlement.............. and it's nothing to do with ethics or morality as Spaldy states.

MOT

I would like to add that most managers, Lee bowyer apart, have said they want the finalstandings to be played out on the pitch, Daniel farke of Norwich saying they need a minor miracle to escape but would like the chance to do so on the pitch, fair play to him, leeds and West brom have also kept a dignified silence, its chairmen, ex players, TV pundits which are mainly having a field day, especially Mr mouthpiece Gary neville.

Dull......how proud must their supporters be, with management/owners so transparent about their real interests....

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/prem...Xqe?li=BBoPWjQ

6 people proved positive with the Chinese disease from the premiership teams today, could be staff or players, not been disclosed yet, or whether it was across the board or from one team, doesn't bode well for project restart, kicked in the whatsits before getting off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    I would like to add that most managers, Lee bowyer apart, have said they want the finalstandings to be played out on the pitch, Daniel farke of Norwich saying they need a minor miracle to escape but would like the chance to do so on the pitch, fair play to him, leeds and West brom have also kept a dignified silence, its chairmen, ex players, TV pundits which are mainly having a field day, especially Mr mouthpiece Gary neville.

Yeah,credit to Bowyer & Farke who'll probably be on a decent contract whatever the outcome but what about the majority of Leeds players on a basic contract ramped up with financial incentives relating to games played,position in league,appearances,goals etc who may be unhappy at not hitting contracted targets if season is void let alone the PFA boss Gordon Taylor take on such matters involving his 4,000 members many of which are not payed that well in the lower leagues.
    Supporter wise I love trips to Norwich so I'll miss playing them.
    Players have Agents and Agents have Lawyers - no wonder Rad & Kinnear are quiet publicly ........... but it's known both have been in contact with all other Championship clubs owners with regard to all options - options that indeed can effect Leeds United finances primarily I would have thought.

I'm freelance so not salaried and have dividend deals too so I can see both sides of the coin of these unfortunate times but for sure there are no satisfactory answers in reality but VOID is not the answer,IMO regarding the Championship.
    MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Ethics,morality and law appear to constantly evolve to suit circumstance whatever the litigating subject - swiftly moving on ............TV rights appear to drive on the football/entertainment industry via streaming of matches/shows culminating in large audiences spending around that product so ethics,morality and law pop up again with what is attached to the associated products via revenues.

For example within 24 hours of airing more than 71 million people had watched the premiere of the final season of Game of Thrones. More than 75% of them did so through a pirated stream or download. For reference, that’s 54 million people — around three million more than the population of S.Korea.Wow,that's a hell of lost revenue.

I won't comment on the airing of football as that again is an ethic,morality and law personal choice of how you wish to view,IMO.

Revenue losses obviously appear to be a contributor to litigate - can you blame 'em ?But there'll only be one winner in legal litigation win or lose or settlement.............. and it's nothing to do with ethics or morality as Spaldy states.

MOT
    not sure how you've managed to uncouple ethics and morality from litigation or lawmaking. Pretty big stretch. let's keep it real simple on this one. A doctor birthing a deformed baby that had nothing to do with medical care but ends up with a large judgement against him might question why an ambulance chaser took the litigation in the first place. obviously he had little or nothing to do with the deformation. he/she just happened to be on duty when the birth occurred. And yes, If I was a lawyer I'd pass on the case knowing that one of my lower brethren would take the case. That's really just a choice between right or wrong and has nothing to do with shifting of evolution of morality. it's always wrong and will alway be wrong.

it's really not much different with the virus situation. The fact is that this virus was released on the world by the chinese and is one of the most contagious diseases to come along in a century. it's not a store, pub, restaurant or businesses fault that the virus spreads so easily or rapidly. it's also not their fault that testing has been so poor. when they finally get testing ramped up they will find out 30-60% of us have already been exposed... even with shutting down the world to "keep us safe".

you are correct on the pirating. It's also wrong. However, as a past purchaser of LUTV that worked less than half the time and no refund given you tend to adjust. "fool me once shame on you; fool me twice shame on me".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)