+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T USA & Canada Freeze.

re: O/T USA & Canada Freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF
    Not unpleasant here, 48-50F in the day 35-38 overnight. Soon to change for me though, just found out that my first job of the year is in Edmonton, Alberta.

Chilly doesn't cover it! :-S
    When will you be in Edmonton, Woody? A warms and cheering -2C tomorrow, but slipping to a high of -24 by Sunday. Half-price parka sales during the post Christmas period! - view external link

I think the cold temps here in Winnipeg (also known as Winterpeg as Tundra pointed out ) can best be summed up by the headline in the local newpaper today: Mars, North Pole? We're colder!

Quote Originally Posted by TundraWolf
    Not unpleasant here, 48-50F in the day 35-38 overnight. Soon to change for me though, just found out that my first job of the year is in Edmonton, Alberta.

Chilly doesn't cover it! :-S
    When will you be in Edmonton, Woody? A warms and cheering -2C tomorrow, but slipping to a high of -24 by Sunday. Half-price parka sales during the post Christmas period![/quote]

Second week in Feb Tundra, or close too. Either way, I know what to expect! :-S

Nice to hear from you again, CanWolf!

Woody, Edmonton's record for most consecutive days with the temperature not rising above 0F (-23C) is 40 days.

This twitter message indicates that they are feeling the cold back East, Ontario eastward...

The temperature above is from Armstrong, Ontario, a town 5 degrees latitude south of Wolverhampton!

I wouldn't like your heating bills lads,how do you cope, are you gas /elect/wood/coal or all four?

Not particularly cold here in Worcestershire but we're back on flood warning again for this weekend and as we have been for quite a lot of December so far.It is a permanent danger living on the Avon as we do here in Evesham.
    some pictures below show how bad they can be sometimes in the top picture it completely flooded out my local , Disaster!!..

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/o0o6df.jpg[/I
    [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/zv1x21.jpg[/I

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65
    Not particularly cold here in Worcestershire but we're back on flood warning again for this weekend and as we have been for quite a lot of December so far.It is a permanent danger living on the Avon as we do here in Evesham.
    some pictures below show how bad they can be sometimes in the top picture it completely flooded out my local , Disaster!!..

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/o0o6df.jpg[/I
    [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/zv1x21.jpg[/I

What a bloody mess, good luck with that lot mate! I guess these pics are from previous years? Looking at the forecast though you need to keep you fingers crossed eh?

Yep those particular pictures were from 2007 but we've had numerous instances since then, and we're on the brink now if Sundays forecast is anything to go by it ain't looking too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65
    Yep those particular pictures were from 2007 but we've had numerous instances since then, and we're on the brink now if Sundays forecast is anything to go by it ain't looking too good.
    Hope it works out OK for you [and your local ] ,I have relatives in Worcester and I know they get hit real bad as well.

Quote Originally Posted by greystone16
    I wouldn't like your heating bills lads,how do you cope, are you gas /elect/wood/coal or all four?
    For me it is a combination of gas and Bowmore single malt

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)