+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: SKY subscription

SKY subscription

I notice that both Corky and Midhurst have both done as I have and cancelled SKY. I have to agree that I don't miss it plus pennies in my pocket.
    Anyone else?

re: SKY subscription

I cancelled SKY Sports as my little protest at the way they have messed up football, imo.
    I still have normal Sky TV and Sky for phone and broadband.
    My daughter says good things about BT deals and reckons the new free BT Sport is very good.
    I have been thinking about a switch.
    Anyone got anything to report?

I have never subscribed but if Pompey are on I'll either find a link or go to a mates house who has sky.
    I get a bit p*ssed of with BT saying that their sport package is free. It's only free if you subscribe to superfast broadband and get a new box. I only got a new you view box last year and according to BT this box can't show BT sport, but I could buy a new box to show it or get a free box if I subscribe to superfast broadband and although I'll get free sport it'll cost me an extra £15 / month.
    What a load of spin.

Adders - I've now got BT Sport, Broadband and landline. Under half the price of SKY. Someone I know works for SKY and they are getting concerned that BT will have the rights to a lot of sports, including English Footie, in the very near future.
    A lot of it at the moment is continental stuff but I'm quite enjoying it.
    Broadband is great.

I also agree that SKY have a lot to answer for regarding footie in the UK.

BT Sport is OK Bladds if you don’t want wall-to-wall football. They show approximately one Prem game a week plus lower league games which is enough for me. This afternoon, for instance I am sitting down to watch Scum Chelsea which you would love given your allegiances.

Tamar is right, there are a few provisos with getting BT Sport including having BT Broadband but as I already had that for my business it was a no-brainer. There is a Catch-up facility on the box plus a record facility which I didn’t have on my ancient Sky box. All in all I manage with these facilities to fill up my tv watching time without getting fleeced by Murdoch and watching (or avoiding) 20 mins of ads per hours broadcasting.

Sergei - good luck in your Sky-free world. As Tamar says you can get Pompey matches that are on Sky via the web.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)