+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy, happy New Year at Fir Park

re: Happy, happy New Year at Fir Park

Quote Originally Posted by wellowell
    Although I am still sick about being out cups it is time to move on its a new year and we can't turn the block back so it's time people started getting behind the club again.To say we have nothing to play for is rubbish we have to try and get in top 6 then top 3 if possible then maybe even 2nd place.Football is about entertainment and Motherwell are currently entertaining so that should be a reason in itself for going to the games I have been surprised by the turnaround in our form as we do now look like a good team again and showing flashes of last seasons performances and long may it continue and if it does hopefully some of the disgruntled fans will soon be back at fir park and getting value for their money
    Whilst I can't disagree with much of what you say much of what you say is said from the viewpoint of a "diehard". What I would say is most of Motherwells diehards are probably still going. Its the other 500 - 1000 support

Thought we were different class yesterday, 4 0 actually flattered st j yesterday, not that they played badly, they're a decent side. We seem to have a few players hitting form now. Iv'e been quite a critic of vigurs but thought he played really well yesterday, and ainswoth has got the bit between his teeth also. On that form i hope we can keep hold of him until the end of the season. Good to see faddy coming on to a game and showing what he can do. Lets hope we can keep the run going against caley on saturday.

[quote="bheron"

We are MOTHERWELL fans, how many times have we won the cup, how many times have we even been to the final. If this was the reason we supported the team, we might as well give up now.

Like many I have been a 'Well fan almost all my life, and I honestly think people are now becoming complement about finishing second in the league.

I have the exact opposite view. I believe that proving we are a better team than those than richer than us, is a massive thing. Any run in the cup is a Bonus[/quote]

Its probably not just you mate but im just trying to explain why some folk are not knocking the gates down to get in. Any spectator sport should be a competition to generate interest. There isnt a sport in the world that will pull them in with the excitement of finishing second. For the life of me I cant see what there is to be excited about if w

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)