+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Birthplace of Myths

re: The Birthplace of Myths

Quote Originally Posted by Hykeham8lade
    The Owls Premiership Return Ticket was my favourite myth.

Or was it the Dulux 5

and as for the massive as you all know that was a genuine cry from your fans, which was hilarious! It was only when the hilarity started to spread beyond the boundaries of Sheffield it got reversed to 'a joke'.
    Looks like 'Mr no sense of humour' has arrived

The one about how they're going to spend billions was a favourite of mine...

Or the one about us not paying the Sheffield children's hospital for the shirt sponsorship...

The 'Massive' saying is still lost on them though, it was the best insult they had given us since the days of 'Gary Madine,washing machine', now they get wound up by it and I think they actually believe it.

They are "on the up" now after beating a struggling Prem side...No mention of em being one point above the relegation zone like

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherhamowl10
    The one about how they're going to spend billions was a favourite of mine...

Or the one about us not paying the Sheffield children's hospital for the shirt sponsorship...

The 'Massive' saying is still lost on them though, it was the best insult they had given us since the days of 'Gary Madine,washing machine', now they get wound up by it and I think they actually believe it.
    They do believe it mate...that's what makes it the best myth of all.

Let me guess, Hillsborough has only ever had upgrades on a freebie whilst the Lane has been built out of the United coffers which impacted their ability to compete with us squad wise.

That was always one of my favorites,

I thnk my favorite new one is how we won the league cup with the banks money and why do we harp on about how it should have been 10-1 when it was a "close" game. (got to love Katch)

Anyone remember the classic "Bladesman culture" thread.

[quote="***ypistol" thread. [/quote]

That was absolutely quality. Shame it has been deleted, although there is something on Owlstalk about it (see link).

It was comedy gold, it had something about them being the better dressed supporters, then someone claiming Deane was better than Hirst.

My favourite from the thread - "there were only 13,000 owls at the BDM (we had 13,000 crowds prior and after that match ) so the rest must have been blades. and one pig even remembers the entire top third of the hillsboro kop twirling their red and white scarfs in delight as the teams came out" - view external link

Comedy gold indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by braggyowl
    Comedy gold indeed...
    Talking of comedy gold, they have a thread up "THE GOAL AGAINST THAT BROKE YER HEART?"
    It only has 34 replies!

Sticking their head in the sand since 1923!

Like it button pressed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)