+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loan Signings Status?

Loan Signings Status?

Have we lost all our loan players today?

re: Loan Signings Status?

Piglet: As of today...

Lawrence and Amos back to Manchester United
    Ehmer back to QPR
    Roddan back to Liverpool
    Morris back to Blackburn.

Although apparently Townsend is on the verge of signing a new longer term contract at Hull and it will be announced tomorrow that we will be getting him back on loan (hopefully until the end of the season but not sure what has been arranged as yet).

Cheers SB.

Am I right in thinking the loss of Amos, Lawrence and Ehmer (who may be injured anyway) constitutes a significant drop in quality for our team?

Certainly in the case of Ehmer and Amos, Piglet. Ehmer arguably our best player of the last 6 weeks or so, he will be a huge miss. Of people who can (or, more appropriately, have) played centre half this season,o'Hanlon and Livesey were injured before the Crewe game, thirlwell went off crocked,Ehmer's loan is up, and Exwards is...well we don't need to elaborate on him. Leaving only Chimbonda and CMW if none of the others are fit in time. Could be a back 4 on Sunday of townsend Potts Chimbonda and CMW, 3 young uns and an old bloke

loan signings? must be the worst thing that ever happened to the game.
    just look at poor old reds half the time you don't recognise players from week to week becase they are on loan from ther clubs,but for how long and then what?
    I think united are now in a precarious positionregarding their status in league 1,i,d prfer to have a pool of say 20 players signed on be it local or otherwise.
    regarding reds they have had 3 different keepers in as many games,what an awful outlook,and like I suggested about Carlisle I,d like the reds to do the same,and do away with all the loan rangers.
    this also applies to rugby league,its nothing but a farce and lottery with dual reg players,ijust hope that things can change for the better.

Tom Lawrence re- signs for another month, and Townsend returns too .

but hopefully there will be more.

Dekko, I agree the way the loan market is currently run is poor, but as a premise if properly regulated it can benefit big clubs, smaller clubs a d the players themselves. I can see the argument against it though, big clubs buy up young talent and stockpile it, give them the odd loan,and if they turn out to not be good enough bomb them off. The amount off an players we've had this season is beyond ridiculous

Folk keep forgetting the loan market is meant to change next season. No more short terms, only half/full seasons allowed...

Gives a bit more stability I suppose but they said the limited squad size in the Premier was going to change everything and it doesn't seem to have had much of an impact.

Ehmer back now and can play at Sunderland if fit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)