+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sam Allardyce ... after having a breather...

Sam Allardyce ... after having a breather...

So... we're all in some mild hysterics at the moment and there DOES seem to be something about the potential for a manager's sacking that stimulates an almost primal frenzy of rumours, jokes, anger, more jokes etc etc...

I've been as involved as anyone else.

But, on a serious note...
    I do not HATE Allardyce. True he did himself NO favours, arrogantly dismissing some of our most dearly held ideals (perhaps because not only were they badly timed, but because some of them struck a little to close to home for comfort at the time AND because he refused to differentiate between what we were trying to do against what we were actually doing).

Yes the football has been mostly route one and poor but not ALL of it. There's been plenty of good performances...even when the results haven't gone our way.

I'll always fondly remember the play off final and last season's decent table position.

But... and of course hindsight is a wonderful thing... perhaps it should've been a case of "job done

re: Sam Allardyce ... after having a breather...

Managers come and go...fact. Unfortunately we are in the 'staying' mode with this relic.

Our manager signed our 'saviour' (who was injured at the time)after a full medical by our doctors. Therefore the doctors were very very wrong in their advice or their advice was completely ignored by the manager.

Our Manager has to shoulder the full blame imo.

The saviour has cost the club millions so far this season in wages and revenue without even pulling on his boots or pulling up his socks.

Any 'manager' I have worked under has always shouldered the blame when thing went wrong. Therefore there is no way that our's shouldn't do the honourable thing and fall on his sword.

not a bad post that tone

i know i'm sounding repetitive though but ... you know for me it's down to the owners

even now they back him ... are they going to spend millions to get us back out of the championship if we do drop?
    it's a hard league to get out of as we all know and by the time we get halfway through a season in that lower league ( without our "bigs" probably ) , the rest of the team won't be up to it or fit enough anyway imo

if they improve this club ... great , i hope they do but i think it's clear where it's all heading

... is still an arrogant, obnoxious, negative route one, sh1t football playing (unt

Like you say, he should of been thanked for all his hard work and fu(ked off at the end of last season.

Any prospective buyers will definitely be looking at the immense cost it will take to turn around his 'all about a target man squad' the two ronnies are wiping millions off the value by keeping the w@nker, im pretty positive it will cost more in the long run than paying the compo.

They are showing themselves up to be a complete know nothing pair of w@nkers with this ongoing joke saga.

Indeed, it's all mildly infuriating.

I checked DG's Twit feed?and he wrote about our injured players return dates, AC 2/3 weeks, SD 3/4 weeks,Ravel should be available for Fulham etc,And SD featured in the second half,Ravel did not even make the bench.

Now,the thought did occur to me, that a co-chairman, who pronounces using the twitter sphere, should check his facts, before messaging the entire planet. But it seems, these normal sensible business rules are not considered worth observing.

Which brings us not so nicely to Karen Brady CBE. I was hoping this well respected business women, might shall we say,be the clubs moral compass. In terms of keeping the co-chairman from PR suicide.
    I was wrong to confer, this level of influence on her shoulders.

Perhaps,the outcome of our season rests,on the opinion of one of young Jack's friends. And he passes it on to his dad,and...well wars have started over dafter things.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDiamond
    Indeed, it's all mildly infuriating.

I checked DG's Twit feed?and he wrote about our injured players return dates, AC 2/3 weeks, SD 3/4 weeks,Ravel should be available for Fulham etc,And SD featured in the second half,Ravel did not even make the bench.

Now,the thought did occur to me, that a co-chairman, who pronounces using the twitter sphere, should check his facts, before messaging the entire planet. But it seems, these normal sensible business rules are not considered worth observing.

Which brings us not so nicely to Karen Brady CBE. I was hoping this well respected business women, might shall we say,be the clubs moral compass. In terms of keeping the co-chairman from PR suicide.
    I was wrong to confer, this level of influence on her shoulders.

Perhaps,the outcome of our season rests,on the opinion of one of young Jack's friends. And he passes it on to his dad,and...well wars have started over dafter things.
    Interesting

Very good post Tone.

A good post with a refreshing sense of perspective. I am indeed one of many who have been 'shocked' by this season.

With a nod-and-a-wink to IronworksFC..

and I am starting to get the impression that the LikeIt button does f.ack all.

and as for ****o and Dildos selling themselves...your right of course. If you needed a business plan to be successful then the two Daves would still be living in East London.

you can't polish a very old turd with a consistent record of negativity BUT nearly always making an impact early doors clearing deadwood and improving fitness

quite why anyone would think this bloke was of 'second contract' material, still staggers me

there's no gloating here truly, we just need the (unt out before we get relegated and we will get relegated with this bloke playing gash football or at very best, hoping yet another sole lone striker stays fit all season to scrape up, still playing gash football

he's broken the transfer record twice in his limited time here to end up with no striker and the worst football in many years

get on board ffs, out the arrogant spent (unt

signed ...
    the negative cynic

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)